Friday, August 04, 2006

Superstition

When I was growing up my mother had a policy, don't start anything on a Friday. I don't know where that came from, some superstition she had and at 81, still follows. She's busy knitting up caps for chemo patients and if its Thursday and she thinks she'll be done with her current caps, she'll just start two or three more just to get her thru Friday. Sometimes I confess, I am still a little tiny bit affected by that, if I remember it just when I'm starting something. Like today. I want to make a cute halter top for my daughter, should only take an hour or so, but its Friday morning... well I did work on it yesterday when I pressed the fabric and test laid out the pattern.. so its not really starting today is it??
But first I plan on sitting out back on my swing drinking coffee and looking at some inspirational pictures. Sandy gave me the book about craft spaces for my birthday and everytime I pick it up I get interrupted, so this morning its time for me. The new American Patchwork and Quilting is out, and it's my favorite magazine. Mine arrived in my mailbox yesterday. And lastly this is my first issue of La Vie Claire and I've yet to get a chance to really do more than flip through it.
Because I notice many people post about Work in Progress Friday, I am posting this quilt that I have basted and ready for machine quilting, probably later this afternoon. I made it as a sample for the shop a couple o f years ago and now need a baby quilt by the end of the month. I just pulled it out of the box. Its been on my mind all week. I couldn't remember exactly what it looked like and I didn't know if I had saved fabric for binding or not. It has a darling little Moda pink on the back with branches and tiny birds but its a weird pink, and knowing how Moda is, impossible to match. I was afraid that I would have a lovely quilt with nothing good to bind it with, but now I see that tiny bit of yellow and I have TONS of yellow that will go with this and make lovely binding. I love yellow. I probably even have the same yellow as the birds to use. This quilt is from a book Quilts from Larkspur Farm (or something like that) and I believe it's out of print now. So my friends, I have a busy and relaxing day ahead of me, I hope your week ends well and you have a lovely weekend.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How cute! I love the little birds & nest. Cute, cute : )

5:02 PM  
Blogger One Crabapple said...

You are a very good writer Pam !

I thoroughly enjoyed this bit about not starting things on Friday and your mom and the influence this still has on you.

I LOVE the quilt and enlarged it so I could inspect it with leisure.

Have not seen this magazine La Vie before.....looks pretty good and thank you ! I am going to look for it now.

Here's to : Time for You (coffee in a swing and magazines !)

9:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older