Wednesday, April 11, 2007

The PKM Bag for Quilt Market

I think I've had this bag cut out for almost 2 months. What's with me sometimes? I just can't seem to focus. I made the pocket right off. Like you know, I cut it and sewed it like I was just going to make a purse right then and there. But then I didn't.



But as you can see, now I finally did. Isn't the pocket swell? Elizabeth shared some feedsacks with me, and this one went perfectly with my fruity Moda. I had everything on hand except the elastic.



Its from a Need'l Love book, French Market Threads. I'm so thrilled to discover their website. American Patchwork and Quilting magazine did a story on Renee in the current issue. I love her stuff.



With my newly aquired photo shop skills, and believe me, it's a big stretch to call them skills, I managed to come up with a PKMish label that I like. And it goes with the bag.




Because I'm not satisfied with just the Pamkittymorning labels that I ordered! Everyone must know, its a PAMKITTYMORNING bag. SEE IT! KNOW IT! Behold it in its completed glory! Nah, I never say stuff like that. I say things like "Geez Pam, get enough labels on that bag yet?"




I know, I'm ridiculous. I'm not afraid to admit it either. I also had to show off some of my darling little ribbon from Daiso. Seriously I could weep with the cuteness of it.

Loved the pattern for the bag. I did change some stuff, like I only have the tie on one side. The pattern calls for ties front and back. I added a bit of elastic to the tie, so it would have some give when I wanted to jam stuff into it and I wouldn't have to untie it. I just cut it in half and sewed the two ends to a piece of elastic. I lined the bag with prewashed canvas to give it body. I also added an inside pocket. I wanted to use this zipper tutorial, but until just this second I forgot that I bought a zipper for it. Oh well, next time.

So there you have it. Nothing that can't be accomplished with a couple of taped episodes of Crossing Jordan and a bonus Perry Mason!


25 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the bag!! It's sooo cute!

7:01 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Goodness, lady, that is one sweet bag!! Love everything about it!

7:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ooh, I LOVE Love love the tags! Just imagine, you'll be standing by the side of the road and a car will screech to a halt, a stylish lady will peer out her window and say, "Is that a PAMKITTYMORNING bag you're toting?" And you can say, "Why, yes, it IS a PAMKITTYMORNING bag!" (Just like the BugleBoy jeans commercials)

7:27 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

What a great bag! Love the fabrics you've put together!

7:55 AM  
Blogger little acorns said...

That is the CUTEST bag ever! Love the tags. . . (Okay, I am seriously envying the tags!)
Love it!. . . Can't wait to see it in 3 weeks! (squeal!)
- Bren

8:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMGOSH!!! The bag...the LABELS...I'm dying how adorable it all is. Fab stuff you do, Miss PKM. Love it!

8:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG, those tags are adorable, as is the bag. Love, love,love them both...great ideas that you put together.

8:21 AM  
Blogger Dawn said...

Love it all...the bag, the fabrics..the labels!!!
Great bag!

8:34 AM  
Blogger Darlene said...

So many words I could say but I'll simply say "IT'S CUTE". lol

Nice to chat with you earlier this week!

8:40 AM  
Blogger Claire said...

Ohhh perry mason...I thought he was hot stuff when I was 12ish. In high school I was desperate for Jimmy Stewart after seeing Mr Smith Goes to Washington. Clearly I was born in the wrong era. *sigh*

Cute bag, too. ;)

8:45 AM  
Blogger Angelina said...

Will you please report on where you got the tags made? How did you make the one from your computer, and was the ribbon printed one ordered from somewhere? They look fantastic!

The bag is so damn cute too. Are you talking about the Quilt Market in Portland? Is that in only three weeks? I will get to see you, right?

8:48 AM  
Blogger Sarah and Jack said...

The bag is cute, and I think the photoshopped tag is pretty impressive too. Things like photoshop scare me. LOL

10:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Labels are just a way for us to mark territory! Where did you get them printed - very cute... Love the fruity fabric too. Very cha-cha!

10:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Pam,

Your bag is fabulous! I love your fabric combination and the labels are to die for.

Great job!

Joan Hawley
Lazy Girl Designs

2:07 PM  
Blogger Penny said...

Hello Pam,

Joan sent a link from yahoo. How much cuter can that bag get? I think no more than it is! Love it!

Penny
The Cotton Vault

3:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A perfect bag for farmer's markets! Very cute.

3:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The bag is so [expletive]ing cute! GET. OUT. OF. HERE. Why have you been hiding this? Why are you not selling these?

OH MY [expletive]in' GAWD... I love this! The style, the fabric, the label, the tag, the ribbon. My jaw now hurts from hanging open so long.

You, Miss PKM... are a gold mine waiting to be processed! You ARE the new It Girl. Paris, Rome, New York, London, Castro Valley. You name it, EVERYONE will be donning a PKM bag.

4:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This bag is soooo stinking cute!!! What i mean by that is ...LOOOOOVE IT!!!!!I love the fabrics, I love the colors, I love the tags. The WHOLE thing! So after PAMKITTYMORNING (& bag)has her fill from the Market, will I be expecting the bag on my doorstep? LOL!
So glad to have my dose of PKM today. Thanks Pam!

7:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The bag is very cute...

and the labels ... well they are just way too cute for words. :^)

7:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OH PKM! Your bag turned out adorable AND I love your labels! Yours looks smaller though that the ones I made for myself & CGS. Did you make it smaller than the pattern said? That fabric is sooo YOU : )

8:00 PM  
Blogger Mom O Matic said...

LOVE IT! The tags take it to the next level! Where can I buy please? Are you gonna Etsy?

6:48 AM  
Blogger You can call me Betty, or Bethany, or Beth ...Just don't call me late for dinner. said...

bags and tags? fantastic!
it looks like la-lovely sunshine to me!

10:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the bag! Love the labels!! Love it all!!!

7:48 AM  
Blogger Lauri said...

I love this bag! I've had an idea for something almost just like that for a while now, and have tried it twice...the first try was a total mess, and the second try...well, it just ended up a drawstring bag. I just did that one yesterday. This is gorgeous!

8:50 AM  
Blogger The Chicken Lady said...

The bags, fabrics, labels and ribbons are so YOU!!! They are totally adorable. :) And the pockets are indeed....swell!! :)

7:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older