Friday, July 13, 2007

Eating My Words

Good morning! It's nice and cool this morning how about where you are? I know it will warm up here inland, but again, we're headed to the coast to finalize the apartment situation. Woo hoo, Frankie has her first apartment. Well she will later on this summer.
But as usual, I just blather on. And speaking of blathering, I think I was saying at one point that I was having a hard time imagining using some of the new bold prints in more traditional blocks. I'm way too lazy to look back and link to the spot, but trust me, if I didn't blog it, I surely said it.
So when Sherry Hutchens came in last week with this amazing Pineapple Star quilt I was Blown Away!! She took a class from Valerie Yeaton and used this book.

Sherry, thanks for letting me take your picture for my blog.I can see why you have a big smile on your face! This foundation pieced star is amazing. I love your color selections, and particularly that you used some Amy Butler and some Jinny Beyer.Talk about opposite ends of the spectrum.
I can't believe how great this turned out. The kaleidoscope effect of the center is amazing.
I think we all agree Sherry, this one needs to be entered into PIQF!

All right my little pineapples I hope you all have fabulous weekends! Off to the coast!

15 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What an amazing quilt! Definately enter it Sherry! Thanks for sharing Pam and happy moving day for Frankie.

8:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gorgeous quilt! The colors and prints work so well with the pattern.

9:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That quilt top is amazing! The most beautiful design and color combinations!

We are heating up - after a week of cooling off. I can always tell we're going to get some heat, especially when it gets hot in Portland and then the Bay area! It's reaching us now!

11:36 AM  
Blogger happy zombie said...

That quilt is incredible! WOW!

Hot at the coast too, you inlander you. Course... I'm talking about Astoria... where you and E should be visiting! Did you see Alicia P's post about Astoria? Will reading that get you and E up here faster??? :o)

Congrats to Frankie's new apt. and I'm soooooooo missing you! I can't wait until I'm all done with this moving mumbojumbo! And way cool about your celeb lunch below!

Back to painting I go...

1:33 PM  
Blogger Julia said...

What a fantastic quilt!! The pattern and the color choices are just fantastic. She should definitely enter it!!! Thanks for sharing.
Congrats to Frankie on her first apartment.

7:58 AM  
Blogger laura capello said...

whoa. the quilt is amazing!

8:17 AM  
Blogger Nicole said...

Gasp. I have never seen anything so amazing! It is just awesome.

8:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW!! That's all I can manage to say!! Absolutely contest worthy!

9:23 AM  
Blogger Angelina said...

I can't really believe my eyes. A human being MADE that? It's amazing!! I'm just quilting rectangles right now. Sheesh. That's just beautiful.

Yeah, it's hot here. Good for tomatoes, not good for me.

1:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's 80, but feels like 84 and later it will be 96 but feeling like 102!! I'm in Sarasota, Fl. I stopped by to see what you were up to and needed to say- That quilt is simply gorgeous! I love Amy's fabrics and had one quilt shop owner tell me she wasn't carrying them because the designs were too big and no one would buy them. umph! I buy mine on line! Thanks for sharing that with us!!

5:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Pammie, I'm sitting in the hotel lobby in Oregon & we are checking out to head for the coast. The Sisters Quilt Show was WONDERFUL! The gaggle of girls had a blast. See you soon.

8:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

CRIPES that's amazing. Wow. Happy weekend, sweet cheeks!

xoxo

8:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woah! Yes, that is a PIQF winner for sure!!

9:22 PM  
Blogger Sue said...

I can understand why she's got that big smile on her face, that IS an amazing quilt top, love the colors!

9:31 PM  
Blogger The Wooden Spool said...

what a gorgeous quilt! Thanks for sharing this with us!

12:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older