Thursday, September 27, 2007

Quilting in the Garden Part 1

I've been awfully lazy lately. Too much allergy medicine I think, that and the freaking heat. I should have known better than to believe the delicious cool weather was here to stay. People, I put my little fan away even. I'm such a sucker.
Someone asked for a better shot of the front, I hope you can select this and it will open up big in another window. It's the best shot I have of the front of the nursery.
Here's a wonderful quilt by Sandra Mollon. It's from a pattern by Maggie Walker I believe. Sandra teaches applique at the shop, as well as other places. She also has an applique club that meets once a month where you can work on perfecting you applique skills. She did a lovely job here.

This quilt is called First Snow by Mary Rizzo. Don't know if it's her original design or from a pattern. Lovely, Mary. The fabric choices in that leaf are very good!

The quilt on the right is called Lollipop Garden by Jean Wells of Stitchin Post fame, the one on the left is Coming Home by Valori Wells. Valori was the featured artist at this year's show.


This is Joshua Tree by Valori. This was my favorite quilt out of her book Radiant NY Beauties. Look at the quilting detail on that quilt.


Inside the shop portion of the building there were some quilts by past featured artists in a retrospective. This is Laura Nownes.
This is one of Alex's quilts. I love the use of scraps for the center. I don't remember which book this is from. Maybe Finish It.


This quilt, according to the sign, is by Mrs. Shirley Perrin. Very old fashioned and nice.

Another quilt by Alex. I think I even have this book but don't remember which one. And I'm way too lazy to go dig through all my books to find it. I love the way she combines fabric in quilts like this. The over all effect is soo good. I love it like I LOVE THIS QUILT. It has hung in the store several times and each time I SWEAR I'll start collecting black backgrounds. (the triangles scare me though.)



That's it for this installment my friends. What are you up to? Are you having fun? Did you vote over at Holly's? I'm still thinking Sharon has something funny going on in this post. Sharon, you totally crack me up.

13 Comments:

Blogger Carol said...

Wonderful, Wonderful quilts...I love the basket quilt...those baskets turned sideways are so interesting. Thanks for sharing. Sharon is a HOOT! I just love her!

4:52 AM  
Blogger jen duncan said...

Oooh. Thanks so much for the pix! I think I love Alex's best. All those tee-tiny triangle scraps, and the VERY fun flowers and vines as the border. What a lot of work! Maybe I'll get back to the sewing machine after I get the upcoming baby shower off the to-do list! :-)

8:27 AM  
Blogger Anita said...

Thank you! I was only able to go to the show on Saturday - the rain day! I really missed not seeing the quilts hanging outside. So thank you!

9:19 AM  
Blogger Darlene said...

Thank you for sharing - beautiful quilts.

9:57 AM  
Blogger Angelina said...

That scraps one looks like a headache to cut out but I love the idea of making use of so many scraps. I must get back to work on my own quilt.

Some very cool quilts there.

10:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Another dazzling show you've put on for us! Thanks for posting all the wonderful pics. I especially loved seeing Laura's "Freddy" quilt!

3:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pam thanks for the new pictures. Wish I could have been there. And I wish you lived close cause I know you WOULD totally crash the party!!!
Ps. Thanks for the vote. LOL!!!

3:33 PM  
Blogger Mar said...

Thanks Pam, it's nice to see how it was supposed to look, wish I could have made it back.

8:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ohhhh, I love the quilt tour, especially the scrappy one of Alexs' and would love to give it a try.

8:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Pam! thanks for the tour! Wow, wish I could have gone to that show. Can't wait to see you and Elizabeth in Houston!

8:14 AM  
Blogger Dena Rooney-Berg (SugarShop) said...

I can't believe I forgot about the show. It's just so beautiful, Pictures just never quite capture how beautiful it is to walk through Alden Lane and see those quilts strung through all the old oak trees blowing in the wind. Thanks for posting some pix!

11:23 AM  
Blogger Holly said...

thanks for putting up all of these loverly quilts.

man you guys have more talent out there in the east bay, it's truly inspiring.

best,

H2

8:32 PM  
Blogger Doe said...

Lovely show, Pam. Wish I could've been there.

8:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older