Tuesday, January 29, 2008

How many?

How many pictures do you have to take to get one good one? *
Seventy five. Yeah, it's crazy what I do for you my peoples!!

Well some were blurry, some had crap in the background, some illustrated my failings in the mopping department, and a few noted that I really needed to change the water in the dogs dish. Instead of topping it off from the tea kettle, like normal. Well Rocket will thank me. Peep on the other hand, only drinks outside.
Just wanted to show you the little mat my mother crocheted for Rocket's dish. She was bored, and had some strips that were too short for the rug. You know, I wrote here how my mother was crocheting the rug. Almost a YEAR ago. And not her fault at all, me and my lazy ways just couldn't get it together to cut more strips. She's working on one for Peep, she only eats in the living room (Peep, not my mother) and her current little rug looks pretty ugly. Yes, it's true, I have a dog that will only drink outside and eat in the living room. Go ahead and have a laugh on me.
But you know I had that new Quick Change rotary cutter from Olfa and I have to honestly say, I LOVED IT. At first I didn't think that I liked it, it didn't seem to roll as smoothly, but then I got out my old cutter to compare and the difference was amazing. My old cutter is now set aside for paper only. I cut a lot of strips for my mom, and hopefully I'll get my rug, someday. You know, when the dog's rugs are done.
*ok, how about good enough?

13 Comments:

Blogger julieQ said...

I changed out my rotary blade recently and am amazed at what a difference it made. It's the little things...

1:45 AM  
Blogger alobsiger said...

Don't make me buy a new rotary cutter! Don't make me do it, man! Those dogs are lucky with those cushy rugs...you do have one at your kitchen sink, too, don't you? You know, for the people who do the dishes.

5:45 AM  
Blogger Suzanne said...

Oh, thank you! I needed that idea really bad because my poor puppies have nothing but a really ugly scrap of carpet under their bowls.

6:54 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Of course Peep is so ADORABLE that anyone would be thrilled to have her nibbling away in their living room. I know I would.
Hmmm. Wonder if Melvin needs a little rug.

7:15 AM  
Blogger Natalie, the Chickenblogger said...

I love that you had to clean the dog bowl... I think photography in the house might be my single greatest inspiration for cleaning... one nook, corner, surface, or dog bowl at a time! Now I am off to check your Olfa link and the post about crocheting a rug... and I'll clean something later.

7:46 AM  
Blogger jen duncan said...

Well, getting the bowl and floor cleaned made this pic so totally worth it, huh? My mom does these too, only she knits them on big ol' honkin' needles. I have one at my back door. So cute! Now she cuts up printed sheets for this purpose. Cheaper than fabric, but who's short on fabric? ;-)

8:28 AM  
Blogger tina said...

Still lauging over the eating in the living room line!!! So I'm assuming your Mom eats wherever she pleases? :)

I'm passing on a "You Make My Day" award to you------ check the blog today at www.knittingcontessa.blogspot.com for the details! You always make me smile, make me creative and bring joy!

Hugs!!!!!!

8:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ohmygosh... the mat your mom is sooooooooo stinkin' cute!!!

I'm cracking up over Peep eating in the living room (though I think it would be even funnier if your mom did it too). My dogs get their food, in a bowl, in the kitchen. My goofy Madison has to transport a mouthful of food to the entry hall and eat it there - back and forth she goes.

Rocket is living the good life getting kettle water. My pets get leftover drinking water. But I think they like the backwash.

PS... I can easily take 75 pics for one shot. The one that ALWAYS comes out best is the one where I didn't aim and snap willy nilly.

9:13 AM  
Blogger Nanette Merrill said...

Cute rug. Dogs are great. Moms are great.

I want the new cutter.

9:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the little mat! It reminds me of those old-timey rag rugs! Have you tried making toothbrush rugs? Its a great way to use up scraps/strips and makes lovely rugs. I wash mine over and over and they just get softer and prettier...

http://www.hgtv.com/hgtv/dc_fabrics_other/article/0,,hgtv_3390_1384948,00.html

3:30 PM  
Blogger Camille said...

ha ha... I know what you mean! I am quickly becoming an expert in "selective" photography. You know, the photography in which you shove the stuff from half of the room to the other half and tilt the camera just right? 100 pictures is about typical for a photo shoot for me too. The things we do for our blogs, huh?

4:48 PM  
Blogger Mom O Matic said...

That is adorable! How can I commission your mom to make one for me? Is she expensive? Can she be paid in jewelry?

6:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pam, you have me cracking up. Yes, a minimum of seventy five for a good pic. But now, I am off to check out this new Olfa rotary cutter. I broke a blade the other day and nearly cut off my hand (missed thank goodness)... my own fault... was trying to get through ...um ... seven layers.

8:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older