Saturday, February 23, 2008

You're it!

Hello my sweet spring raindrops. How goes the weekend? Over this away we're working on a project in my sewing room. It's slow going but maybe, someday it will be done.

A couple of weeks ago Jackie tagged me for that 7 things about me meme. Since then Anne and Cyndi have tagged me too! That does not mean though, that I'm going to do 21 things about myself. I'm not that interesting!!

The rules of the meme are:
1. When tagged, place the name of the person and URL on your blog
2. Post the rules on your blog
3. Write 7 things about yourself
4. Name 7 of your favourite weblogs
5. Send an e-mail letting those bloggers know they have been tagged

Lets see...

1. I can tap dance. I took tap at the Art Linkletter Tots & Teens Dance School in Concord, CA when I was in elementary school. A little van would pick me up and drop me off. As an adult, I took tap again here in Livermore through the recreation department. I love it. When I'm dancing I think about channeling my inner Gregory Hines.

2. I talk to myself.. but mostly in my own head.

3. I am currently having a love affair with Kozy Shack tapioca. Don't even ask.

4. I have a BBQ indoors in my family room.

Told you.

5. Shouldn't that BBQ count for 2?

6. I compulsively recycle all kinds of paper, right down to tearing apart packaging to remove plastics or those little windowy things. I have paper recycling bags in a lot of rooms to collect the random scraps of paper. It drives my family nuts.

7. I'm alternately thrilled and extremely embarrassed by too much attention. Hard to imagine huh?

So who am I going to tag.. Chris because she tagged me for the Spreader of Love award which pleased me no end. I'm always surprised that people even read my blog!!! I'm going to tag Mary as well, we don't hear enough from Mary. I want to tag Sandy first, before she can tag me. Of course can't leave out Jen or Laurie! Ok, who else, how about Tracy. She's already frantically getting ready for market... she has time for this, right???What about Nanette? She's a lot of fun. And I think lastly, I'll tag Linda. She's a local girl and I haven't seen her in ages.

Ok, chat with you later!

20 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to confess - I also have a strange fireplace/bbq thing in my kitchen! HAH! We share weirdness... :)

7:45 AM  
Blogger Nicole said...

You can tap dance? Who knew? That is amazing! I can just imagine you tapping around folding up little bits of paper for recycling. I think tap dancers must be happy people.

8:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You'll have to tap dance for me some day : ) Don also has a love affair with Cozy Shack Tappioca. It's yummy.

9:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Pam! thank you for stopping by yummygoods and taking the time to say hello! I've been a subscriber of your blog for quite a while now, so I am happy to have finally made contact!

3:46 PM  
Blogger Nanette Merrill said...

Your blog is a delight. Its so great to have someone like you with your humor. I love it.

Thanks for tagging me?/???! How sweet and nice. (I have to admit I love reading these things on other people's blogs)

I love the tap dancing. That is amazing.

now what do I do? I'm not even sure.

5:57 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

So glad to learn a little more about you! I also took tap as a young girl, loved it then, can't do it now.

7:40 PM  
Blogger Miss Jean said...

When we lived in Livermore our house had that same indoor bar-b-que. I thought it was great. However, we never used it. Wish I had it now!!!

9:56 PM  
Blogger Sarah and Jack said...

Heh, I talk to myself out loud now. It used to only be in my head. LOL

6:11 AM  
Blogger Chris@Cats On My Quilts said...

Gee thanks. You're just getting back at me for giving you the Spreader of Love award aren't you?

8:10 AM  
Blogger Happy Zombie said...

I love the Kozy Shack tapioca! I get it ALL the time and I eat it in a skimming method right out of the container (I'm the only one who eats it).

And now the world can see where my missing Ott-lamp is! I know you made the covert ninga 10+ hour drive to my house to snag it from me. Could there be any other explanation??? Certainly not the fact that my closets are in chaos.

Loved reading your meme... I had no idea you were a tap star. To think if I just lived in our little neighborhood a little bit longer, I might have been a tap star too! And then I could tap a happy dance for my new roof going up right now!

9:16 AM  
Blogger Thimbleanna said...

Wow! A tap dancer!!! This shouldn't have been a 7 weird things list -- it should have been 7 impressive things. And, can you quilt WHILE you tap dance??? Great list!!!

11:23 AM  
Blogger Di~ said...

Pam~You still crack me up.
Do you tap while folding fat quarters? It's great that you are 'in with' Alex Anderson. Since I've become heavily involved in quilting these last 8 years, I've read a lot about her and her books. I love a couple of her quilting books and several of her quilts. I've watched her programs too. Give her my best from Idaho.

11:24 AM  
Blogger decoratorgirl said...

Thank you for leaving word of your visit! My first comment, even! Yay! I oogle your colorful pictures and love to read your cheerful thoughts! How exciting to see your sweet PKM cherries stamped on my blog! I love your list of 7, it's ok to talk to yourself, I think that's what makes for fun blogging.

6:33 PM  
Blogger Red Geranium Cottage said...

Who knew, you are a tap dancer. Can you share a video with us??? LOL!!!!
And love that bbq/fireplace in your kitchen, do you use it?

9:10 PM  
Blogger Angelina said...

You are way more interesting than you let on. I want to see your 100 things list!!

So what's that ya got cookin in the indoor BBQ?

10:23 AM  
Blogger Anne Sutton said...

The tap dancing is the winner of all the blogs! Give yourself a prize! You even tagged in a cute way...

8:17 PM  
Blogger Leticia said...

Hi Pam, I've been a reader of your blog for awhile now and I don't think I've ever left a comment. I want you to know that I enjoy your site, it's full of inspiration and I'm giving you an award. Please visit my site to pick up. (Oh, and I promise to leave comments in the future.)

9:58 AM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Your list cracked me up. I have yet to try Cozy Shack Tapioca but love tapioca pudding in general - must try Cozy Shack. Last night I just polished off the last of the Cozy Shack chocolate covered strawberry pudding - my that was good. And in the past, I've been on Cozy Shack rice pudding kicks.

1:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cute! A tap dancing quilter! LOL! I talk to myself too! I have long fictional conversations... like if she said this to me, I would say that... and on and on. And I've been doing it a lot because we have new neighbors, and I keep thinking they are going to bitch about our dogs! LOLOLOL!

10:34 PM  
Blogger Sandi said...

Hi there! I came across your blog after a search for the Art Linkletter Dance studio in Concord. Searching down memory lane I guess.
I took tap and ballet there too as small child. From 1966 to 1970. I remember the VW van that picked everyone up. Mr. Nedderson used to drive it. We lived in Pleasant Hill when I was a kid. I loved the classes, my teacher was Miss Roxanne Levine. She was wonderful. I still have my trophies from the recitals.
Did you get colored foil stars to put on your tap shoes for achievements? That's where my sis and I put ours.
I remember my first recital was "Me and My Teddybear" song, I was 3 1/2 years old.
Those were great times, and OH those costumes!!
Write back if you're interested in sharing memories.

11:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older