Thursday, October 30, 2008

Market Report 1

First off, I'll apologize for the crappiness of the photos. I mostly set my camera to auto and turned off the flash. I've had mixed luck with photos over the years and I just hoped this would work out. There's tons of really great photos out there (here's new market photo links today, www.tulapink.com and http://blog.heidikaisand.com/2008/10/29/luscious-colors-and-patterns.aspx?ref=rss)
Second, I just want to say that even though market is a TOTAL BLAST crammed with fun and creative people, it's a business event. I really admire the people who came to vend and the people who came to shop. Attendance was down this year due to the sad state of the economy. I hope you'll all support the businesses that attended. They're the ones that want your business and have shopped for the latest and greatest to fill their shops with. I had a whole little talk in my head about it, but it's not coming out nearly as eloquent.
Anyway it's time for photos.. I don't have to check in for jury duty again till 11, so I need to get this done and get dressed. If I'm not ready then I'll be temping fate and have to go in at 1pm.
Here's the amazing new Latebloomer Quilts Sign. I just love it so. Elizabeth has a far better photo of the booth on her blog. But I don't know that she's featuring her sign. She's at home filling orders like crazy. Anyway those lights are so cute, little eyelet covers, sweet.

More cute stuff.

Here's the booth in its glory. Elizabeth was a busy girl, she had FOURTEEN new patterns and a free pattern from Lecien. Links on that later with the requisite photos.

Here's some out of order shots of Jackie's booth. You know how we love those girls. Their look is a little different this year, but no less charming.


I could have laid here all day. Seriously people, market can be exhausting and wouldn't you feel like a princess?

Here's my fav sisters. I love them so much, they're so sweet and talented.

How sassy does she look? Gosh Tamara, you looked amazing and I wish we lived closer so we could all be having delightful crochet trimmed garments. But not just because I want stuff but because seriously, I love them so much.

Ok, I need to stop tempting fate. I have a lot more to come, I took 400 pictures and I'll have stuff to give away.
So see you soon peeps, I've missed you! xo

14 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Your pictures came out great! I can't believe you got 400. I managed only about 250! I thought that was a lot. I am with you support those businesses that attended. Go out and grab yourself some fabric

10:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautifully said, and so very eloquent. You nailed it! Photos are beautiful too!

10:53 AM  
Blogger Cheryl said...

Great post, great pictures, and sounds like you had a wonderful time. It was so nice to see your smiling face on my cell phone, thanks to Sharon!!!!!

11:20 AM  
Blogger Green Kitchen said...

I hope this isn't in response to people like me being there. Hopefully I can stir up some excitement on my blog, enough to get people to buy things. That's the point, right?

12:12 PM  
Blogger Dawn said...

Looking forward to seeing more...

12:16 PM  
Blogger Nanette Merrill said...

Your commentary is always the best. The pics aren't bad. What fun. I heard market attendance was down by 60%! Yipes. I know only a couple stores were there this time. The new one 5 minutes from me went. So I can't wait to see what they ordered.

2:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You make those of us who didn't get to go to market drool as if we were there in person. Thanks for sharing

3:40 PM  
Blogger Auntie Pami said...

Hi Pam,

Ok, I emailed Elizabeth about the adorable fabrics on the Artful Bag and Quick, It's a Boy. Have to have them (and the patterns). I'm off to AQMS (after quilt market show) and I'm ready---

Pam
aka Auntie Pami

4:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking forward to seeing more my friend...I'll be sure to let you know when I get some of our silly fun posted on my blog. Love you and had a blast sitting across from you two!!!

Love Jessee (tee, hee)

9:44 PM  
Blogger Jodi Nelson said...

Welcome Back girl! Elizabeth's booth looks fabulous! Wow! 14 patterns! Geesh. One busy girl! Cute pic of you on Anne's blog. LOL. Good stuff. Can't wait to see what else you'll be sharin. oooxx`jod

9:47 PM  
Blogger Deb Silva said...

Great photos of Market Pam. Can't wait to see more.

12:46 PM  
Blogger Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

Oh this looks like SEW much fun!!!! Thank you for sharing with us!

((hugs))
Becky

7:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Girl! How did we miss each other? Great pictures. We'll have to catch up some time on the homefront.
XO,
Bari

9:16 AM  
Blogger decoratorgirl said...

Hi, Pam,
I have enjoyed looking at all your photos and reading what exciting things are happening at market. Jackie passed along your card and note, I was so pleased! You dear, sweet gal. Thanks for all the cheer on your blog.

8:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older