Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Back to work

The long weekend is over. I've been watching the news all weekend about the San Francisco Bay Bridge and I'm excited for the sake of all that worked on the bridge, it opened this morning. The new section was moved into place and I have to tell you seeing that on the news was amazing. Last night they were saying the bridge would be closed on more day to repair a cracked beam but holy smokes, the bridge opened up shortly before 7am. You can see more about it here. The weather was perfect, nice but still cool, today however it's heating up again. Not cool.
A little something new from Lecien that I'm working with. It's the wonderful Grandmother's Flower Garden by Rosalie Quinlan. Couldn't be cuter.
As for other SHOCKING NEWS. I'm on Twitter. I'm so boring half the time it won't even post my tweets or whatever the correct language is. It's more than a little embarrassing.

Ok, I'll try to keep up the posting but the view on to the bed of my sewing machine is secret some of the time.

OK BACK TO WORK!
*** Edited to add SANDY'S BOOK IS AVAILABLE.. check it out here!

10 Comments:

Blogger Elizabeth said...

DON'T YOU SPILL COFFEE ON THAT!! You did promise me I could play with it too!
And yes, it will definitely be NOT COOL here today.

9:34 AM  
Blogger Deb Silva said...

LOL You are too funny PamKitty. It just came to mind that a pamKITTY is TWEETing. No wonder you like sitting outside on blissful days in your yard. Too funny! Your life isn't boring - the circuits just get a bit overloaded from time to time. My life on the other hand ... well, we just won't go there.
Have a wonderful day kiddo!

9:34 AM  
Blogger Sinta Renee said...

Twittering was too much for me! I just don't get it I guess. Good luck with that though:)
Did you not just love the weekend? The weather was beautiful! Next weekend I get to be in your area. Woohoo!

11:02 AM  
Blogger Anita said...

I love that fabric. Can it be purchased locally (bay area)???

11:09 AM  
Blogger Miss Jean said...

I just love that fabric! I must tell Becky as she collects red roof cottages.

Have fun tweeting!

11:47 AM  
Blogger jen duncan said...

The PamKITTY is TWEETing remark reminded me--years ago the neighbor behind us had a bird in a cage. They would put him out on the patio on nice days and he would say "heeeeere Kitty kitty kitty!" all day long. so funny!
I try VERY hard to not feel envious of what others have but DANGIT I'm so jealous of you having Rosie's fabric right now! Poo. I'm trying so hard to be patient but this just didn't help!

2:23 PM  
Anonymous happy zombie said...

I wondered if the bridge would open on time! Thank goodness. That was amazing to watch them put in that big chunk of new bridge. It hurts my brain just thinking about how smart some people are that they can figure stuff like that out. Replacing a piece of fabric in a quilt is so small, so minor, so easy compared to the bridge's new piece of fabric. No comparison. I will never complain again to make a quilt repair. Well, for a few weeks at least. I can't be complaint free for too long.

2:47 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Amazingly, we heard a lot about the bay bridge way over here on the east coast. I was actually shocked this morning listening to the news and hearing that it opened! Good for the morning rush hour there. Love the fabrics from Rosie, they are so sweet. Can't wait to see what you are coming up with. Looking forward to market again. I am assuming that you will be a Elizabeth's booth again?? Let me know, I definitely need to stop by and get the scoop from you gals on some of places you went to eat last year! We missed out on those.

6:19 PM  
Blogger tina said...

Yup, heat is back here in good ole Midwest USA too. Ack.

PKM on Twitter? Honey, say it ain't so!!!!!! Lawsy girl we just got you on Facebook and you have plumb passed my now low tech butt right on by.

6:50 AM  
Blogger Ginger Patches said...

More new yumminess from Lecian?? I am in sooo much trouble!! I'm off to check out the new book.

10:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older