Thursday, September 10, 2009

Surprise Meeting

Good morning people! I ran into Roxie and Joe from Thimblecreek at Diana's yesterday. Like me, they were picking up and dropping off quilts for quilting. Diana does an amazing job and I can't wait to get mine bound so I can show you. Anyway, those of you on the mailing list know that this is Happy Jacks!



And this is the new French General Quilt, I don' t know what Joe will be calling it. You can see his signature tiny pieces.


You can see all of Diana's fancy quilting. Yummy. I maybe scooped Joe.. I looked back through my Thimblecreek Newsletter archive and he hasn't shown a picture! YIKES! Well I'm sure now is the time to email for the kits.


Here's the pile he left behind... look how nice the backs look. All flat and nicely pressed. I love the back to look as nice as the front...how about you?
Ok time to get ready, have an appointment out and about then I'm picking up my blanket stitching from Elizabeth. It's yummy, I'll try and scoop her too, but shhhh, don't tell.

11 Comments:

Blogger Quilting with Pugs said...

For next year's goal, I will try to have my back look as nice as Joe. This year is pressing, what a difference.

8:23 AM  
Blogger Minick and Simpson said...

I can't get over the back. I am humbled. It looks like it's Japanese fabric too. I have quilt envy.

Laurie

8:28 AM  
Blogger mascanlon said...

I totally obsess over the backs of my quilt tops too. And I really think it makes a diffence in how nice the quilted product comes out.

8:47 AM  
Anonymous happy zombie said...

I love looking at the backs of quilts! Joe's quilt is amazing, as is Diana's quilting. I looked at the supersizeme pic and couldn't stop staring at it. BEAUTIFUL!

Waving... hi Joe & Roxie!

10:35 AM  
Blogger Candace said...

I'm in absolute back-loving awe! All the seams pressed open and flat - to die for! I like my backs to look great, too, but how can I ever top this? Thanks for the peek, Pam!
Cheers!

11:19 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

What wonderful quilts and quilting too!

6:19 PM  
Blogger Julie @ Jaybird Quilts said...

how in the world does the back look that good?.. i mean mine are neat but come on!! and the french general stars... beautiful! thanks for sharing

6:20 PM  
Blogger Christy said...

I would love for my "backs" to look that good. I'm afraid I've got a bit more progress to make in that regard! Sure do love that French General fabric, though! Every time I see a quilt made with it, I find myself drooling. I think it's a must have!

7:52 PM  
Blogger Kathi D said...

Dang! My quilt FRONTS don't look that good.

1:33 AM  
Blogger alobsiger said...

OMG that French General quilt. Howeva, can we imagine an ugly French General quilt? I think not....

5:10 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Awe inspiring stuff there!

8:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older