Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Natural Habitat

Lately, well longer than lately, I've really fallen down on the picture taking thing. I don't know what's with that. The quantity and quality are really lacking, so I apologize. You'd think I'd have a ton. I did some phone photos that I uploaded to Twitpic but lets face it, phone photos..well my phone photos, aren't that great either.
So anyway, back to the weekend, it was so fun. I picked up Elizabeth at 7am which is probably the latest we've left on any big trip. It was actually light out. We got to Paso Robles right on time, and visited The Cottage. I love their sign, I just want fancy chalkboard signs everywhere I go now. And maybe one at home like the one Lucy had. PKM is IN.

After the Cottage we headed over to Atascadero to visit the famous KathiD!! I thought I took a thousand pictures there, but sadly I didn't. I snapped this chicken photo just a few minutes before I tracked chicken poop through her house. How's that for being a great guest? She left that out of her blog post about us trying to make me seem more cool. Anyway it was a mortifying moment.


Got a picture of this .. an armadillo with a dog, but not a picture of her actual dogs, which were lovely and well trained.


I wish I'd really taken some great shots of her studio. I love this design wall that can slide back and forth across the room. I think it's such a genius idea.



Here's Kathi in her natural habitiat.


We had a lovely lunch out and then went shopping.. first at the Cotton Ball and then at Birds of a Feather in Cambria. I love that little shop.


Then we dropped KathiD off and headed to the Apple Farm. And no trip to the Apple Farm is complete without the requisite photos of the amazing plants. I would love to have nice lush plantings like this.. past June! It's just too darn hot here.




So that was our lovely weekend. We had such a nice time with everyone. Thanks again to Susan Branch for luring us out with her farmstand sale and to KathiD for meeting up with us. And thanks for coming along with us peeps. xo
p.s. check out Ruby Rose's post showing pictures from the Farmstand sale.. you'll see me and my treasure about halfway down.

14 Comments:

Blogger julieQ said...

Seems like such a fun trip! Love the pictures of flowers and warmth...it is snowing here.

6:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

bright cheery flowers... so welcome on this gray, chilly, and dreary day!

6:47 AM  
Blogger Miss Jean said...

Sounds like you gals had a great time. I checked Ruby Rose's post but the picture doesn't enlarge. I couldn't tell what you bought. The Apple Farm is indeed wonderful.

7:47 AM  
Blogger mascanlon said...

And what was the treasure you grabbed? (That little doll bed right next to you looks right up my alley!)The whole day sounds wonderful and now I've found Kathi's blog too. Thanks.

8:05 AM  
Blogger Erika Mulvenna said...

Sounds lovely! I am soooooooo wishing the warm weather would hurry up and get to my neck of the woods. Your pictures of warm weather and flowers are great, all I see is gray, gray dirty snow.

9:22 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Where is Stinky, btw?

9:55 AM  
Blogger Kathi D said...

You think YOU fell down on picture-taking??? I took NOT ONE of you two! (I was star-struck.) I can't believe it!

Oh well. NEXT TIME!

11:46 AM  
Blogger Kathi D said...

I wish I would have had some lovely something ON the design wall! Sheesh.

11:51 AM  
Blogger Kathi D said...

Also, I need to see a close-up photo of your skunk.

11:57 AM  
Anonymous happy zombie said...

And not one of you told me about Kathi's shirt!!! I think you all should treat me to a slice of Emil pie.

12:33 PM  
Blogger Nancy said...

Your adventures are divine . . . I wish flowers would grow past June here in AZ as well. I move them all to the north side of the house in the shade to keep something alive. The doll bed is beautiful. What is that in the bag?? A future project?? Loved hearing about your fun . . . Invite me . . I'll bring gifts for everyone . .
Nancy in AZ

2:00 PM  
Blogger life in red shoes said...

Seriously, you have all the fun.

3:11 PM  
Blogger laura said...

Wow, you must be an extra special important person if Kathi D didn't mention on her blog that you tracked chicken poop all through her house! Because that's pretty blog worthy stuff!

6:01 PM  
Blogger Angelina said...

I want that many chickens running around my place!

chicken poop in the house is way better than dog poop being trailed into the house. It's little and doesn't smell NEARLY so bad.

I'll bet if you could rig up some automatic watering in containers you could keep some plants that lush past June. But then the water bill would go way up.

6:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older