Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Stimulating the Local Economy

Good morning! How goes it this fine Tuesday? I'm enjoying a cup of coffee inside today, the weather has turned brisk the past few days so my swing time has been limited. I guess this way I get more done.
ANYWAY. Before I go on and on about the weather.. thought I'd share the loot I scored last week from Kinokuniya. I don't see as many people posting about Japanese craft books anymore, are we over them? Maybe we're all cutting back on expenditures? I know it's been a while since I was there, and I had a hard time making decisions. I knew the flower book would be awesome, I'm pretty sure Amy has that. Here's a link to the flower book, the block book and the Cotton Time, which I thought was very good. (SuperBuzzy has everything but the CK book, this is my fav ebay seller for Japanese craftbooks.)
Once I found this Cath Kidston Mook I knew I had to bring Elizabeth back with me...she's a CK maniac. If I had a CK bag (with matching mirror and tissue holder) and didn't tell her about it I'd be in big trouble. Here's a link to one on ebay.
Check this out! It's a little clearance calendar. And can you just die over the little Choose Me! sticker? Because OMG I totally did.


Anyway that's it for my shameless consumption last week. This week is full of all kinds of wonderful activities, including spending tomorrow with Frankie and having lunch with Elizabeth and Nireko on Thursday! Ok, see you later aligators! xo


14 Comments:

Blogger Lori Holt said...

Hi Pam...
Well I'm not over them...I don't know about anyone else though...but no, not me...I never get over cuteness.
I love how you show your purchases like a confession...lol!
thanks for the link...
x
lori

8:03 AM  
Blogger laurie said...

No, we are not over them. Love them.

8:14 AM  
Blogger mascanlon said...

Uhmm...I've been on a "push the button" roll lately with online quilt stores. I've got to start saving up for HZ's fabric.

8:47 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I am sooooo jealous of that calendar :)

9:39 AM  
Blogger Red Geranium Cottage said...

I'm not over them there just not out there for me so see easy so I forget to look for new ones. I love the ones I have though. Love your Hello Kitty calendar too. CUTE!

9:41 AM  
Blogger Nanette Merrill said...

Well I'm not over them. They certainly have not jumped the shark for me. I just got 3 in the mail. I haven't shown them just because I'm hoarding them for now. Weird, I know.

10:10 AM  
Anonymous Robyn - Coffee and Cotton said...

I am so not over Japanese books, fabric, toys...etc. You are such an enabler!

10:31 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

All I know is it's a good thing we have to drive a bit to get there. Or I'd be living in a box under the freeway. I'd have the CUTEST box, of course.

10:42 AM  
Blogger Sherri said...

I, too, am still addicted to Japanese craft books...think I'm off to order the new Cotton Time right now!!!

12:34 PM  
Blogger jen. e said...

these japanese craft books are all new to me...do i dare open pandora's box..dun dun dun!!! will i be like a kid in the candy store?...i bet i'll get the shakes. i get them when i see really cute fabric..it's a disease i have....xo ;)

8:41 PM  
Blogger tina said...

Shameless consumption------ HA! I laugh. I'm not giving in to you, you... you..... evil temptress pimp goddess of goodness you!!!!!!!!

7:50 AM  
Blogger Glenna @ Hollyhock Quilts said...

Fun stuff! A good shopping spree is always good for the soul---

8:16 AM  
Anonymous happy zombie said...

I'll never be over them! Never. When I was at my Kinokuniya last week... there were a few of us jockeying for position at the craft/sewing section. Yea... there was a crowd at the section. Ok, there were 3 of us... but I've never had to share the section before.

I love your loot, and love the "Choose me!" sticker too.

Have fun at both your lunches. Hi Frankie, Nireko, E and Emil!

2:19 PM  
Blogger Sarah and Jack said...

I am not over them either, but I have NO access to them unless it's the internet and they are sort of pricey to buy sight unseen. I do always pick them when we go to Chicago though.

9:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older