Friday, August 20, 2010

Sheepish

Yesterday morning I had a fun opportunity to go with Alex out to her friend Marilyn's ranch. Not before a little trip into the studio to take peek. That vintage suitcase was a gift from her mother to her father when they were young newlyweds. Alex is filling it up with fabric for a class she's taking at Asilomar.

Looks like a lot of pretty Hoffman batiks in there...

Back at the ranch.. (sorry I couldn't help myself) we had a nice visit with Marilyn. I remember coming on a field trip with Frankie to the ranch to see new lambs in second grade. (oh gads, about 17 years ago!!!)



Today in the barn we saw this fellow resting up. He has a busy night life.

Nothing cuter than barn cats.


Hope you guys have a great weekend!!!


5 Comments:

Blogger Carin said...

How fun would this be! I am glad you enjoyed yourself.

7:05 AM  
Blogger chq said...

love the kitty! Looks like you had a great day!

7:32 AM  
Blogger Jocelyn said...

What a fun trip! I remember those field trip days ;-)

8:38 AM  
Blogger Miss Jean said...

I wonder if it's the same farm my son's pre-school went to? By the way, what is the basket pattern in Alex's studio in the first photo? It's gorgeous! I checked her site but I didn't see where it's a single pattern. Is it from one of her books? The colors are great!

9:21 AM  
Anonymous Robyn of Coffee and Cotton said...

Thanks for taking us on your trip. All so nice to see!

3:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older