Thursday, August 12, 2010

Statement

So this week it's like I can't stop taking pictures of my ironing board. That's where the action has been for the most part. Here's my Kaufman Barn Dandy's fabric, I love the souvenir feeling it has. I've been hoarding it, but I finally found a project for it. Well for some of it anyway!
Seeing it laid out is the perfect excuse to show off some of my vintage state charms. I picked up one at the Alameda Antiques on the Bay show a few summers ago and spent a lot of time on eBay collecting up states. I have almost all the states that I've been to. I'm working on vintage state souvenir plates as well, but that's another story!

This past spring in Minnesota, Linda took me to Ingebretson's and I found this poster. I was DYING OVER IT. It's by Keep the Faye and I couldn't wait to get it in a frame! You should totally check out their Daily Disaster and Fantasy postcard collection. Hilarious.



Well that's it here. I have had a couple of very productive days and today as a treat I'm having a bit of an outing with Elizabeth! Life is good! Let's all be happy! xo

13 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Seeing your charms reminded me of the state magnets I collected years ago Pam. I bought one in every state we drove through and was building the map across my frig. It was fun for awhile, I've long forgotten about them!

7:29 AM  
Blogger Dawn said...

Ingebretsens one of my favorite places on earth. Going there brings back memories of childhood, picking up the holiday lutefisk with Grandpa. I like your charms.

7:51 AM  
Blogger Carin said...

way cool charms! Barbie Jo my grandfather had all the state magnets on the ceiling of hid pick up truck.

8:32 AM  
Blogger mascanlon said...

Love that fabric on the ironing board Pam. I use to have all those state magnets from trips too...long stashed away in a box, hmmm.

8:40 AM  
Blogger Rae Ann said...

What a FUN clever idea. The charms are darling and what a find!

9:00 AM  
Blogger CJ said...

I have some state charms that I collected when I was 10 (and that was a very long time ago). I wish I had kept that up. If I had a charm for each state I visited it would not be wise to wear that baby swimming. I would sink for sure! 50 states! I do wish I still had my apron from Mt.Rushmore...sigh.

10:35 AM  
Blogger julieQ said...

Those are so interesting! I love them...and they are new to me!

4:06 PM  
Blogger Miss Jean said...

What states do you need so we can watch out for them?

5:58 AM  
Blogger Suzanne said...

We still have some of that fabric - on sale - (it's a bit old) if anyone else wants some.

strawberry-patches.com/bargain bonanza

Love your vintage charms. Great idea!

7:28 AM  
Anonymous happy zombie said...

I used to have a charm bracelet when I was a kid... I so wish I knew where it was. I love yours, and love all of your stately goodness! Crushing on your MN poster!!!

No surprise... Barn Dandy is one of my fave fabrics too! I'm hoarding about 1/4 yard in red (a left over from a long ago Q&M project).

1:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello I am new moved to America from Japan and new reader to your posting. Some things are bad to translate from English into Japanese. I am love reading your posting and very confused about pamkittymorning. It is not available in my dictionary of translation. What does it mean? Thank you very much
Vivian

9:08 PM  
Blogger Lori Holt said...

Hi Pam!
....I love your charms...I'm a collector of charms myself.
And I LOVE that fabric...where have I been? I missed out on it somewhere...
MUST
FIND
NOW
Love from one happy gal to another,
x
lori

7:26 AM  
Blogger cakegirl said...

I also collect vintage enamelled state charms of the states I visited. I have a few duplicates - let me know if you are missing any and I will check my extras. There are 3 I am missing and it is getting
difficult to find them at a reasonable price.

6:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older