Thursday, March 01, 2012

Novelty

I was running some errands this week when I came across this sign. TOTALLY DIED over the prospect of whatever Baby Doll sheep were. Whipped a u-turn and came back to get a photo of the sign so I could search the internet when I got home. Mini-sheep? COME ON HOW GREAT IS THAT?


Just as I started to pull away something caught my eye. MINI SHEEP, in person! Pulled over, parked the car and walked up the service road to see these darlings.



Ok, sure they look like normal sheep.. until you start looking at the fence and the grapevines. Came home and found out more about Concannon's use of mini sheep to keep things tidy.


So that was fun part of the day. What's new with you?


P.S. Hey have you see this? Randi has a sew-along!

11 Comments:

Blogger Jennie @ Porch Swing Quilts said...

I freely admit I would have flipped a u-turn as well! How cool are those sheep!

And I'm going to do the quilt-along. Can't help myself - those granny squares are too addictive and fun!

6:56 AM  
Blogger Melissa P said...

Oh my word! Miniature sheep. Miniature donkeys and pygmy goats--I'm familiar with those. These little lawnmower/wool producers are something else. Wouldn't their mini version of Little Bo Peep look great in PKM?

7:00 AM  
Anonymous Andria said...

How cute! Sadly, no cloven hoofed animals within city limits. My mom lives in the country though...

8:12 AM  
Blogger jen duncan said...

Everyone and everything in life needs a job. That's pretty cute. :-)

8:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are so cute. You make everything fun.

8:25 AM  
Blogger Bobbie said...

those sheep are adorable! Just had to let you know- I started my granny squares last night! I had a ball just rearranging them- cant wait to go home and sew after work!

8:36 AM  
Blogger Miss Jean said...

I wonder if they can be house broken? Hmmmmmmm.......

9:08 AM  
Anonymous Tina said...

I think of knitting of course--- when I see baby sheep. Do you have to knit only baby sweaters from their wool? Maybe so! :)

10:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Loved raising a few sheep, but could never get them lined next to each other in an even row to mow down the huge lawn. :) Retired to the suburbs now. Just finished piecing Temecula Quilt Shop's online 5th Anniversary Blessings free block offered each Thursday in March. I'm saying 4" finished blocks.
L

11:27 AM  
Blogger kathy said...

I have a new obsession! I have to have one of these sweet sheep! We used to have Romney and Border Leicester sheep and I absolutely loved them and caring for them, but then we moved to the big city. I'm thinking I'm ready for a rural life again and these would fit right in!
I always love your blog, but this was icing on the cake!!

1:06 PM  
Anonymous pat Sloan said...

You find all the cute stuff!

9:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older