Friday, May 04, 2012

Happy-go-lucky!

I'm feeling happy this morning, how about you? Blogger is scheduling my posts on time and I'm getting stuff completed.  Yesterday I finished this bag, I had the great idea that I would put those cute red polka dot handles on it, but then totally overlooked the fact that it isn't made like the larger Farmer's Market Bag and there's no room for those handles where they won't interfere with the drawstrings.  DORK. Had to retrofit.. always painful.

Had to other bags to sew handles on, pictures later. Yesterday there was so much glare out for most of the day, followed by some random spells of rain. Anyway, I also finished up some potholders. As you know, I'm not a genius at this at all, you might remember my little foray into making them last year. Mine aren't like Elizabeth's darling specimens but they're round-ISH and look pretty good.

Anyway they'll do the trick! I just have a couple of small things to finish up and I'm feeling much more confident. So you're probably wondering who won the copy of Quiltmaker's 100 Blocks!! It's Anne from Cottons and Wool! Anne, email me your address and Quiltmaker will send you a magazine!

So that's it for this week! Hope you have a good weekend! xo

7 Comments:

Blogger Suzanne said...

Your bag is pink perfection! Have a good weekend!

5:27 AM  
Blogger Anna said...

love the bright colors! Congrats to Anne...can I borrow it?!

6:26 AM  
Blogger Melissa P said...

Happy Friday!! I think the potholders look just fine. And the pink bag is totally cute, retrofitted or not.

7:39 AM  
Blogger Cheryl said...

Love your bag....and potholders!! I have made several for gifts using your great tutorial. Happy weekend.

8:00 AM  
Blogger Anne said...

Wow....I really won? Whoppee!!!!
Thanks Pam!

11:35 AM  
Blogger Nadine Thompson said...

Love it all and have been enjoying your posts so very much. I miss seeing you and so many others from California. Just want to pass on to you that you have another fan in my family. Kelly is absolutely drop dead in love with your fabric. So having said that I am hoping that you can provide me with sources. I think it will make a pretty nice Mother's day gift for my favorite mom. Having said that, Happy Mothers Day to you my friend. Nadine.
PS. my email address is
bapplique@aol.com

1:56 PM  
Blogger Sherry said...

Congrats Anne! Today was a good sewing day. Rainy day & I spent most of it sewing, much of the day with PKM fabrics! A good day indeed. Hope you have a great week-end!

6:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older