Monday, May 07, 2012

Super weekend!

So did you see the supermoon this weekend? The weather was perfect for driving out at night with the top down, so we headed out to where there was an unobstructed view out across the vineyards.

Super moon Livermore, CA

Pretty unspectacular picture. The evening was warm, and there were lots of people with the same idea, gathering along the side of the road, sitting on their tailgates in parking lots and we even saw a super moon party, with guests on the front lawn laughing and watching the moon rise over the trees. Good old fashioned small town fun.

These are the bags that I finished up making this week. I think they're cute, and are simple and fun to make. This first one is a variation on my Tammy Tote pattern, I've changed up the ruffle a bit and added a button pin for decoration, and for hiding a bit of a pulling in my binding over the ruffle.

Tammy Tote variation

This is my Farmer's Market Bag. I made one for myself earlier this year and I love it. I get a lot of compliments on it which always gives me a good feeling. It's very easy to make. I like that it can be very patchy and as wild or subdued as you might like.

Farmer's Market bag

Now I'm working on some small things that seem like fun, so far. More on those later if they turn out. What did you do this weekend?


P. S. Peeps! I got some emails about the potholders! For you newcomers, that pattern is on my sidebar, you can download the pdf at will!

9 Comments:

Blogger Thimbleanna said...

Super cute bags PKM! I LOVE that sweet little button flower too!

5:50 AM  
Blogger Sherry said...

Yes, we saw the supermoon - super cool! I love those adorable bags.

6:13 AM  
Blogger Melissa P said...

The bags look great! Things are coming together--you are going to make it! The super moon must have given you extra lunatic energy to get through all the Market prep.

7:12 AM  
Blogger Nanette Merrill said...

The moon was incredible. My daughter Jamie was sick over the weekend and thought she was hallucinating when she looked out the window. Made me laugh. I had great grandmother time with Allison and Eliza. I held the baby for hours. It was great. She's very sweet natured and loves to be held. I hope we've turned a corner. I had a tiff with my son-in-law, but that is just par for the course. Back to work. I know you're super super busy. The bags are amazing. Keep cranking out stuff for market!

9:21 AM  
Blogger Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

Oh yes, that moon was super bright and big! A party? Love it!

Pam, your bags are adorable! No surprise knowing that compliments are given to you as they are cute, like YOU!

xxoo

11:53 AM  
Anonymous Jenny said...

Yes - the moon was amazing! We enjoyed it with some Cinco de Mayo margaritas. And your bags are just to die for! I especially love the green ties on the red Farmer's Market bag! Too cute.

1:25 PM  
Blogger mascanlon said...

Cute, cute bag and the button is da bomb!

2:58 PM  
Anonymous Interior Design said...

Hello Everyone
Cool Article!
Cool blog!
Many thanks for a marvelous contribute.

6:13 AM  
Blogger esmegent55@gmail.com said...

Do you perhaps sell your farmers market bag pattern pdf

9:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older