Tuesday, July 31, 2012

What do you think?

Hi there! I'm still working away on my Scrap Happy Baskets runner. It's so cute, and I love working with the Penelope fabrics. But now I have a question..

scraphappybasketsrunner1a

Admittedly I forgot the rick rack on the strawberry leaves the first time around. I was so intent on getting the placement of the pieces right, I just forgot it.

scraphappybaskets2a

But now when I'm looking at the three lined up, the dark rick rack makes my strawberry block seem heavier than my cherry block. Which isn't a problem divided up over a quilt, but on a three block runner.. well I'm undecided. All I can think is, if this is my worst problem today my life is pretty good!

So what do you think? In the picture it isn't as pronounced as in real life. Maybe I'll just keep moving a long and decide later! That's what a seam ripper is for!

I'm off to Holly's today! Have a good day peeps! xo

13 Comments:

Blogger Siobhán said...

I think they look great! I had to look for the rick rack on your strawberry block because it didn't stand out to me. I think the darker color is balanced out by the darker leaves on the cherry block. In fact, in the first picture, my eye went right to the cherry block... I think the green in both blocks balances it all out.

5:41 AM  
Blogger Clara {Clover and Violet} said...

I like the rick rack, I think it is very balanced, gives needed weight to your strawberries!! So pretty!

6:36 AM  
Blogger circle r motel said...

I liked the plaid handle on the strawberries. Maybe the plaid handle with the rick rack on the leaves rather than the plain handle and the rick rack. Have you tried that look yet?

6:52 AM  
Blogger Anna said...

I love the rick rack...in fact I would put a little rick rack on all of them...in different spots!

7:34 AM  
Anonymous Robyn of Coffee and Cotton said...

I like the rick rack but I see what you mean. Could you do a smaller rick rack behind the cherries... hmmm...that might be a pain to do in a circle??

8:22 AM  
Blogger Mary Anne Drury said...

I like it just the way it is and I really love the different background fabrics . :)

10:22 AM  
Blogger Nanette Merrill said...

Leave it. I like differences in blocks and 3 is still ok to be different. That is my 2 cents.

11:39 AM  
Anonymous DianeP said...

I like the rick rack strawberries better. The fabric in the background isn't as busy as the middle basket, so it adds more interest to the block.

5:07 AM  
Blogger Sallie said...

I'd leave it - it looks great like it is. Don't over think it. :)

5:13 AM  
Blogger mascanlon said...

Oh I like the ric rac it adds thats last touch of whimsey. And I am betting that as a table runner you don't see all the blocks in the same way as a wallhanging. I vote...leave it!

5:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's a unique idea and so in keeping with real strawberry leaves. Many, many years ago crawling on our knees picking strawberries was a good way to earn summer money in WA.
L

11:19 AM  
Blogger dokiquilts said...

i agree that the dark green rick rack seems to balance out the dark green cherry lives--esp looking at it in the little photos on the screen. plus i love rick-rack--the texture and the curviness!

6:12 PM  
Blogger Sandi said...

I like the look and think it gives balance to the block. You could choice a lighter green, or you could add a bee just above the cherries?

They are looking lovely.
Sandi

11:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older