Friday, August 10, 2012

Chatty

Happy Friday everybody! This week seemed pretty good, went by at a nice pace, not to long, not too short! Not spending much time out back right now during the Great Wasp Rebellion, but it's nice to catch some of the cool air before they come out and ruin everthing!


Yesterday I decided to play around with an idea I had. Elizabeth cut out a bunch of little felt flowers for me ages ago. I've had that idea floating around in my head but so far I haven't done anything with it. Still might not. I noticed that my tension is pretty bad and I need to see what's going on. That might be a good task for today. Lets face it, I'm a starter but not really a very good finisher.


I've been remiss in reminding you to head on over and check out Aurifil's Designer of the Month for August, the Very Famous BariJ! She's got a great block for you.

Aurifil August Designer of the Month Bari J.

Be sure and check out the flickr group as well. So many great blocks. I love all the improvements made to my June block! Holy cow people are so clever!

Now it's almost the weekend so get out and have a good time!

7 Comments:

Blogger mascanlon said...

A weekend spent sewing I hope, with very little cooking or cleaning. I can wish can't I?

5:58 AM  
Blogger Melissa P said...

I hope you can put down The Great Wasp Rebellion this weekend. Those wasps are seriously messing with your routines.

Happy Weekend!

7:31 AM  
Blogger Robyn of Coffee and Cotton said...

I'm beginning to think wasps like global warming! My husband knocked down nests around our front door. Now this morning the front of the house has 6 nests and more building. I know they must serve some good purpose...ack. I too will stay indoors and sew.
Cute flower basket!

9:44 AM  
Anonymous Beverly @ My Sew Sweet Studio said...

Hoping you solve your wasp problem soon...after all, who's backyard is it anyway?
Love those little felt flowers. Looking cute on your basket. They are so perfect. Are they some kind of die cut? I'd be sticking those on just about everything. Have a great weekend. We are heading home for some R "n" R and grandkid hugs.

10:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I loved your June block. I used it to make a Christmas table runner, which came out awesome. I made four blocks which look great when sewn into a square. I'm going to post a picture on my blogspot. Terry

10:35 AM  
Blogger Sherri said...

Happy Friday Pam! I've read with "interest" lol about your wasp escapades...we have had plenty of our own. I thought we were doing okay this year, but my husband did quite a bit of yardwork the other day and found several nests...including one right outside our back patio door in some low to the ground shrubs...so I guess we'll be dealing with them again!

11:47 AM  
Blogger Nanette Merrill said...

I've got a tension issue brewing too. I keep playing with it and it is fine and then the least little change of fabric or thread and it is out of whack again. Prob time for a tune up but I'm too cheap to take it. I may take it to the garage and use the compressor on it though. Those flowers are darling. I want some.

11:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older