Thursday, October 18, 2012

Sew.. much better

It was a  totally a different sewing experience yesterday! Sometimes it just doesn't make sense to keep at it when there are nothing but problems. Taking a break from the project made everything better. I managed to make my ruffles and drawstring and get them on the pj's  in  a snap.  They're almost done.

Pam Kitty Love Pjs

Pictured here is my Easy Threader and my drawstring.  Every mom should have one in their arsenal of tools just to put those ties back in sweat shirts or sweat pants. Are people still taking the ties off of of kids  sweatshirts? That was a big safety thing when Frankie was little.
 
Pam Kitty Love Pjs

I think I'll be able to get a photo of Frankie in her new pj's this weekend. They turned out so super cute. Come Monday I'll have photos one way or the other. I'm even going to get my serger out and finish the inside.. I have a nice Bernina serger that's a delight to use, it's just inconveniently placed in my sewing room.  
 
The blog hop is still going, so head over to Martingale's Blog
 
P. S. You can get those Easy Threaders at Amazon!
 
 
 
 
 

10 Comments:

Blogger CuteStuffInside said...

Those are the sweetest pj's I've ever seen! Wish I could get some of that in a super-soft fleece or flannel - it's starting to get cold over here is Yankee country.

6:40 AM  
Blogger Junebug said...

How cute those pj's are! My serger is an ancient White model, all metal but a stinker to thread. But it works so well yet I hate to replace it. I'm headed to Amazon to check out the threaded. I have a little metal one that works pretty good.

Enjoy your coffee this morning, I sure am!!!

6:46 AM  
Blogger Melissa P said...

Those are too cute! I'm glad things turned around for you.

7:13 AM  
Blogger sewfunquilts said...

The fabric makes those so cute. I used to love to make kids clothes. Can't you sew & serge in one step with your serger rather than having to go back & serge the seams?

7:19 AM  
Blogger Sherri said...

So glad things are looking up! And those pj pants are sooo cute! Will Pam Kitty Love be available at Sample Spree???

7:20 AM  
Blogger Suzanne said...

Great job Miss Kitty! I'm so copying you when our fabric arrives! I too wish there were a few pieces in flannel...oh, Holly...

7:31 AM  
Blogger Lori Holt said...

They turned out just adorable Pam!...you're fabrics are so awesome:)

8:14 AM  
Anonymous Beverly @ My Sew Sweet Studio said...

Sew cute, Pam. Can't wait to see them on your model. I am seeing Christmas PJ's for grands in my near future.
I looove my Bernina serger too and found, I had to make room to leave it set up or I don't use it.
I'm off to check out that threader thing.

9:56 AM  
Blogger Nanette Merrill said...

I've never known there was an easy threader. Good tool. Love good tools. Frankie's pajama pants are super darling. I want to see her in them. I really really struggle making clothes anymore. You did a nice job.

3:54 PM  
Blogger Bari Jo said...

I just saw this post - I am behind- reading your blog backwards! Love the fabric on these pjs and I am such a retard.... thank you for showing me how the heck that threader thingy worked... my mother in love gave me hers when I was struggling with a safety pin trying to turn a tube - I couldn't' for the life of me figure out how it worked... now I get it - she thought it was a tube turner so I never could get it to work like that - now I see it is a threader for casings! Ya - I know - it's amazing I get anything done eh? ;oD

1:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older