Thursday, November 01, 2012

After Market

Good morning! Seems like AGES since I was here.. what have you been up to?  I had such a great time visiting with all the people I only see at market, meeting new people and seeing all the new things that are out there.  Everyone has wonderful photos of quilt market, and I hope to get out and find them and check out all the things I missed. There were so many people I only ran into once when I was heading to or from the hotel...you just never have enough time to visit.

LakeHouse Sweet Things Booth

I did manage to walk around and take some photos before quilt market opened, but then all the little lovelies that are out on the tables were put away, so my pictures are lacking those cute touches.  Of course quilt market is actually a working time, so I spent a lot of time sitting here in the LakeHouse booth  showing off Holly's new collection Sweet Things.  You can download the swatch booklet here (there's a Sweet Things 9 patch on the right, just click for the pdf) , and see the whole collection online at her website here.

BBOMsetting

Lots going on while I was gone as well. Jackie posted the setting instructions for the Blogger's Block of the Month! I love her wavy stripe fabric selection for the sashing.  I can't wait to pull my blocks out and decide what to do.  Thanks Jackie, I appreciate being included in your project!

row 5..all in a row
 
My last  row-along apples aren't even done and Lori has posted her next row.  Holy cow that's a lot of work, so I'm feeling a little stressed over it already! She's showing another great technique and I can't wait to give it a try. The last one worked so well, I'm going to fight my urge to just make them my usual way.

Quiltmakers 100 Blocks

This last news is SUPER EXCITING to me.. my block is featured on the cover of the Quiltmaker's 100 Blocks magazine.  It's right down there on the bottom row on the right, and I couldn't be happier to see it there! I'm honored to be included in such an amazing group of designers.
 
Hope you'll leave a comment and tell me all about what's up with you! And if you have links to market posts, leave them in the comment section so I can check them out! I'm feeling very lucky lately! Thanks for checking in here with me! xo

4 Comments:

Blogger Suzanne said...

I'm glad you made it home safe and sound. Seeing everyone's photos makes me so sorry I missed Maarket this time. You can bet I'll be in Portland with lots of photos to share. Quilt Market is so inspiring and so much more than just a place to buy fabric. The displays are like no other trade show and the networking and idea sharing is priceless.

6:53 AM  
Blogger Melissa P said...

Feels good to be back home, doesn't it? Even if there are piles of projects that need our attention.

1:22 PM  
Blogger Nanette Merrill said...

How wonderful to make the cover. I'll have to get a copy to check it out! Looks great. Meeting Lori for lunch tomorrow. Wish wish you were there.

8:36 PM  
Anonymous Heidee said...

This series of magazines are now my go to place when starting a new project. Thanks to you and all of the other designers, I have a wonderful inspiring resource.

12:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older