Friday, March 15, 2013

The Good with the Bad

I can't believe the difference a day makes, you can see here on this first picture of my little tree, the flowers are almost all open, compared to yesterday.  Soon the breeze will blow them all away and they'll be gone for this year.  I need to make a point of heading downtown to that pretty row of trees to see them before it's too late. 


flowering cherry

flowering cherry
 
 
flowering cherry
 
More exciting news, activity at the old nest from last year. It seems early, but I've seen the hummingbirds around the yard more frequently.They're still friendly and come quite close to me.  I get the goosebumps just thinking about it.

hummingbird nest

The return of my hummingbird
 
You can see already someone is sitting on the nest. It's only been a day, so I'm not going to get up there and check for eggs and possibly run them off.  But you know I won't be able to resist for long.
 
So on the list of the bad things you have to take along with the good, I'm sure by now you've all seen Google Reader is going away.  I'm trying not to let it get me down. I managed after Bloglines went away, and I'm sure I'll figure it out. Don't get me wrong though, I still intend to complain about it a bit more.  People seem to like Feedly and Bloglovin. What about you? Already moved?  I have a PKM facebook page that updates with my blog, in case some of you are going that direction.
 
So, for now I think I'll take the Scarlett O' Hara approach and think about it tomorrow.  Happy weekending people!!! xo
 
HEY!  P. S. It's almost time to get your homework in! Yikes, I almost forgot!

And finally, yes, my email was hacked, so ignore that weird email from me if you got one!

9 Comments:

Blogger Chris@Cats On My Quilts said...

Hey Pam, I hate to add to your bad but I think your e-mail got hacked. I got an e-mail from you with no subject line and just a link and that's a sign you've been hacked. Good luck.

5:57 AM  
Blogger circle r motel said...

Here in Colorado, we are a ways off from spring and humming birds. Do you have humming bird feeders in your yard? You are in Northern California? I plan to visit my parents in Santa Barbara the end of April. It's always so nice to be out there with everything green but then its back to brown when I get home. Sigh.

7:14 AM  
Blogger Melissa P said...

Ah, the Internet...joy and bane of our existences. At least we have these bits of beauty outside to remind us not to get stuck in the online morass.

Happy Friday!

7:46 AM  
Blogger Annelies said...

I went to Bloglovin....all it took was adding my email, giving permission to retrieve my favorite blogs and PRESTO, all was well in my world. Could NOT believe how easy it was. Truth told...I like it even better!!! XXXX

8:29 AM  
Blogger Humor Me said...

Looking forward to seeing your blocks - you are my muse!

9:53 AM  
Blogger gale said...

I'm planning to wait and see if Google comes to its senses and keeps reader, but if not, I'll probably use bloglovin. I like using google's next button and bloglovin works similarly.

3:35 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

I'm trying out Feedly. From what I understand (which isn't very much!), Feedly seamlessly integrates with Google Reader and when GR goes away, you'll still be reading in Feedly without a hitch. So far I like it even a tad bit better than Google, but I'm still mad at Google for quitting! ;)

6:35 PM  
Anonymous Beverly @ My Sew Sweet Studio said...

Yeah, I got one of those weird messages, but just deleted it. I don't even know what Google reader is, so I'll join you and just think about it tommorrow. Some of your readers gave some good advice.
I cleaned and filled my hummingbird feeder and have been watching, but haven't seen one yet.
Your blossoms are beautiful. I took some pictures of our trees, but nothing that pretty.

7:50 PM  
Blogger Bari Jo said...

So excited to see your little hummers are back! I love the blossoms - I love sitting on our patio with a cup of tea when it 'rains' apple blossoms with a spring breeze. The flowers don't last long, but I always look forward this shower of petals!

10:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older