Friday, May 31, 2013

A post full of warnings.

Good morning.  How did the week go for you?  I hope good. The weather has been nice all week, but it looks like it's going to be a warm  weekend around here.  FYI I'm going to try and not complain about the heat too much, but I make no guarantees. You've been warned.

coffee

So hey that's my mushroom and frog from Monticello Antiques up in Portland. Last time Elizabeth and I went to Portland we went and it was FANTASTIC.  So the whole time I'd been telling Holly about it I'd been hoping it would still be good.  AND IT WAS.  I would hang out there all the time if I lived close, it's crammed with treasures.  Do you watch Grimm? The ladies behind the counter were saying that a lot of the set props are purchased there and all the people are so nice! I love that show, and now I feel like a real insider. (not to mention being 2 degrees from all those people on set!)

tea cozy (lilys quilts tutorial)

Anyway, I had to show you I'm almost done with my tea cozy. You probably though it was going to be like a lot of PKM projects, started and then that's the last you see of it.  It was so easy to make, seriously, you have to give it a try if you're into Union Jacks and tea cozies. Or even just Union Jacks.  Honestly, I'm lame at paper piecing and even I could do it. Here's the link, so think about it.  I don't know what it is about stuff from England but I just can't get enough of it.  Is that the lure, the fact it's unavailable? Or it's so expensive to ship? Or worse, it's like that online site Dot Com Gift Shop. So far they don't even ship to the US, SO I'M WARNING YOU DON' T GO LOOK IF YOU ARE GOING TO OBSESS ABOUT CUTE STUFF YOU CAN'T HAVE. More warnings.  Honestly I don't get it. Someone here could be making a fortune with adorable stuff without hardly even trying. 

clover clips
 
I have to be probably the second to last person on the planet to try these Clover Wonder Clips.  Normally I don't pin bindings at all, just fold over and hold them by hand.  That's just the way I learned. But the last time I made one of my bags with buckram I was wishing I had something besides pins.  I saw them at our new Joanns and I had a coupon so I figured what the heck.  And they're red, so who doesn't love that? Anyway, they look cute and now I own them. I  can't wait to try them on a bag. I think that's where I am going to love them.
 
Ok, that's enough of my ramblings for today right? It all starts to sound like crazy-talk if I go on too long! Hope you have a super fantastic weekend. xo

12 Comments:

Blogger Robyn of Coffee and Cotton said...

First...I did it. I went and wandered about Dot Com Gift Shop. Loved it. Now I hate them. You warned me but I didn't listen.
Second... the Tea Cozy is adorable. I want to make one but my brain will not allow me to do paper piecing. It turns it into a mush of 3rd year calculus or something. My eyes glaze over and I become a zombie.
That tiny little rose print is so stinkin' cute!
I love my Clover clips. I hear they make big ones too!
Enjoy your weekend!

5:40 AM  
Blogger http://thankfullga447 said...

The cozy is so adorable and cheerful. I just purchased the clover pins last week, never had them before either. I love your mushroom and frog. I do not like heat and I felt the other day and I was not in a good mood.

5:50 AM  
Blogger Melissa P said...

So darling! Love that PK Union Jack tea cozy.

I must be last the person holding out on the Clover Wonder Clips. They're on my list though.

Happy weekend!

6:55 AM  
Blogger Bev said...

Love your Jack cozy! I know exactly what you mean! First, I lost over half of my fabric shop customers when the postage rates for international went up 60%! I am in love, love, love with GreenGate dishes and textiles and well, everything. Trust me, don't go there unless you want to experience the "we don't ship to the USA" thing. GreenGate is sold at some shops in the UK but the shipping is crazy. I wanted to buy a little pitcher for $20. and the shipping was $90.! I'm also gaga for Australian quilt patterns. There are so many talented quilters there! Oh well, I'm still acquiring PKM fabrics that are as cute as anything! You are so talented! Thanks for sharing!

Cheery wave from Bev

7:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a sweet tea cozy Pam! I am bookmarking this for future reference. The wheels are already turning thinking about Christmas gift making. ;)

I recently did the same. Used a coupon to buy the Clover clips. I'll be trying them out this weekend!

Cheers!

8:06 AM  
Blogger mascanlon said...

Well I wandered over just for fun, so many cute things to covet! And once you work with Wonder clips you'll never go back. They are great for English PP too, hold those edges together so nicely. I used a coupon for the larger ones too!

8:41 AM  
Blogger Anita said...

Love Grimm and your tea cozy too! How neat to buy things from a shop that also sells to the show :)

1:36 PM  
Blogger Library Gal Quilts said...

Oh that is so cute!! And I have a teapot in need of some new clothes! I hear you about loving that Brit stuff! I want some baby blue pencils from Highclere Castle in the worst way. I want those pencils more than lunch! But the shipping....ehhh. Maybe I'll just go on over and get them! Maybe drop a baby quilt off for Kate and Will...right?

1:51 PM  
Blogger Cathy said...

You can get your British and Union Jack high on marksandspencer.com and they ship to the US quite reasonably.

2:59 PM  
Blogger katie jean said...

What is buckram? This is the second time I've heard of it....
And, I too have yet to use the clover clips. I do my binding the same way and don't pin. Your sewing projects are always cute :)

10:28 AM  
Blogger Nanette Merrill said...

The cozy is super cute. I hate paper piecing but you did an awesome job. Good for you. It is so cute. Esp. with your fabric.

11:37 AM  
Blogger Free Facebook Likes said...

I have also liked the article and topic. Its a beautiful website for all tech people. I also Use this Get Likes
to promote on Facebook Google, Twitter and LinkedIn. and Tech Blog These days its good to share your posts to social networking sites.

3:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older