Monday, June 10, 2013

Monday

Good Monday Morning my fine friends! How are you and how was the weekend?  We're still weekending here today, Bret has the day off and we're probably going to be a bit lazy.


weekend coffee
 
I did get around to some sewing this weekend, how about you? I have a nice old swing on my patio, it has a fabric canopy that was a little worse for wear. The California sun can be pretty hard on fabric, and it was disintegrating  so I finally had to do something.  I'd been thinking about it for ages, and had even picked up the canvas I planned on using, but never wanted to get started on it.  I just find tasks like that to be a pain. But in a matter of a couple of hours I had made the canopy, washed and shrunk it to the perfect size (which was a lucky break). Pretty it's not, canvas gets awfully  wrinkly when wet and since I put it on the swing wet to dry and shrink up around the frame it's s little funky.  But I consider it all done and somewhat a miracle. 
 
Unspoken here is.. if it was so easy why did it take me months to actually do it?  Well that's my brand of insanity right there people.  Saturday was a scorcher but Sunday was positively blissful and I plunked myself out there with  a coffee and a magazine and enjoyed the cool morning.  Looks like we have some nice weather coming up, so I will put that canopy to good use!
 
Have a good day out there people!!! xo

3 Comments:

Blogger Melissa P said...

Sounds like a very productive weekend! And you get to enjoy the results of it for a long time to come.

7:18 AM  
Blogger Jeanna said...

I have projects like that too! Some just aren't enjoyable no matter how long it takes to complete them.

Enjoy your beautiful weather.

6:31 PM  
Blogger Nanette Merrill said...

I do the same thing. I have this liberty knit that was expensive and is so awesome. And a pattern. Why don't I make that shirt for myself I've been wanting to do? Lazy, yes. Good for you getting the canopy done.

11:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older