Tuesday, June 04, 2013

Tuesday


It's almost time to show off our last row in the Back to School with Pam Kitty. I can't believe we're coming to an end of this project.  I thought I'd bring you up to date on my sashing and border choices and necessary yardage requirements.

Back to School Borders
 
For the posts, I went with the red mini dot.  Originally I had intended to use all the different reds and while I still think that's a great idea, I'm not sure it's great with the multi color dot sashing I chose.  If you chose a white on white I think it's a great idea to use your leftover fabric.  Plus, I'm not going to lie, it was just much easier to cut it all at once.  I might have been influence by that!  My inner border is the pink stripe and the outer border the red floral.  One note before I get started, LakeHouse stripes run from selvedge to selvedge and my yardage reflects that.   I went pretty basic and my yardages are as follows:
 
Outer Border    2 yards
Inner border     1 yard (that gives you good long lengths to piece)
Sashing            1 yard
Posts                1/8th yard

Of course I have to tell you I saw Debbie's sashing on Facebook and it's adorable and I totally wanted to copy her, but that seemed rude.  Kimberly's sashing is still a mystery! I can't wait to see what everyone has chosen.

Ok, that's it for today. 

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cutest combo ever! Can't wait to see your quilt.

10:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older