Friday, April 11, 2014

Happy Friday

Well Happy Friday Friends!  So how did the week work out?  Pretty good I hope.  I had a nice sewing day yesterday.  This little house whipped up in no time.  Wouldn't it be cute with some little topiary trees next to it?  I might have to work on that.

house block
 
This block had one little piecing challenge for me, matching the walkway to the door.  I took it out a couple of times but after it got worse instead of better, I decided to let it be.  I will keep trying to fix things 1. till it works 2. it gets too mangled to keep trying or 3.  I stop having fun.  Once I stop having fun, I've hit that point of sewing diminishing returns.  Time to move on. How do you feel about that? I'm always curious about other people's thoughts on perfection.

Edited to note: Jill pointed out that the upper left window is off, yikes, that row is all out of order. Good grief! I'll be taking a ripper to it later today!
 
I still might try again to fix it. But for now, it's good.
 
I hope you have a great weekend.  Happy sewing, happy spring!

15 Comments:

Blogger Little Quiltsong said...

It looks beautiful - love the flowered background - it looks like springing into summer.

5:32 AM  
Blogger Missy Shay said...

In the picture it looks like it is perfectly lined up. If you keep messing with it might make it worse. I think your house turned out great!

5:46 AM  
Blogger Amy, a redeemed sheep said...

Looks great to me!

5:48 AM  
Blogger Emma's Daughter said...

I think we, as quilters, are more critical of our work than others are. I admire what I consider beautiful quilts, then the owner starts pointing out all her imperfections. Why do we do that? For me, the beauty of something handmade is that it's NOT perfect. I love your block! It looks beautifully handmade perfect.
Rcoyle at olemiss dot edu

5:56 AM  
Blogger Jill said...

Love the fabric. Looks like a house I'd like to live in. The walk looks fine to me but did you intend to have the upper window on the left pushed over?

6:29 AM  
Blogger Melissa P said...

Happy Friday! Perfection is highly overrated. The concept of diminished sewing returns seems to come up a lot around here. Life is too short to rip every seam. I've learned, and continue to learn, to let it go and grab another cup of coffee.

6:34 AM  
Blogger PamKittyMorning said...

Ohmygosh Jill you're right, my pieces are out of order on the windows!

6:42 AM  
Blogger Bev said...

You're a lot more ambitious than I am! I wouldn't change anything. I say that it's a unique interpretation of the art! I always stop when something quits being fun...unless it's my pesky "real job". I have to finish my writing assignments and so I have the attitude that my sewing should be a "want to" thing. I love everything you do. You can send the little house to me if it bothers you to look at it! XO

7:26 AM  
Blogger life in red shoes said...

Perfection is highly over-rated ;)

8:30 AM  
Blogger greg @ grey dogwood studio said...

I completely agree that sewing should be fun. But I also have that perfectionist thing, which can be good and bad. I do want to do the very best that I can do. This means seam rippers! And when I get frustrated then I just pack it all up and try again the next day. Can we blame my behavior on being a male quilter :-)?

8:46 AM  
Blogger greg @ grey dogwood studio said...

Forgot to say that I love your cute little house! Maybe you could do Lori's Quilty Fun topiary trees? They're 3" x 6" and would probably be perfect with this 12" house!

8:49 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

Perfection is HIGHLY over rated!

10:35 AM  
Blogger Miss Jean said...

Applique something over the "imperfections"!

11:30 AM  
Blogger Bari Jo said...

I love your house!

8:18 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Too cute to rip! I would leave it, it's darling!

5:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older