Friday, May 09, 2014

Mother's Day Weekend

Well, it's the end of another week! Hope it went well for you.  I had a busy week.  No sewing to show off, but I did clean up a few things in my sewing room. Like the floor.  Here's proof. Sure it's a small section.. I'm not a miracle worker!

cleaned up
 
My old sewing chair gave up the ghost this week. Its  permanently in the lowest position and now I'm sewing like a toddler in front of my machine.  Its a nice plush chair that I got with my sewing table, so I decided, with some encouragement from Bret, to get another nice chair.  Kind of a 'treat yo self' moment for me. I had to order it, should be in next week, I hope. Toddler Sewing is for the birds.

big plans
 
I also spent some time getting some flowers.  Last weekend we had a big yard clean up so we're ready to do some planting.  I haven't spent a lot of time in the yard in the last year or so, and I want to get back to it. It's porch swing season and I want it to be nice out there.
 
Ok, that's about it here. I'd love to hear how your week went. Any big Mother's Day plans? My people have been so busy it's going to be low key around here. It's all fine with me!  Hope all you Moms have a great weekend!  Live it up! xop
 
 

6 Comments:

Blogger mascanlon said...

Happy weekend Pam! Will be low key here too. Starting with a mani/ pedi tomorrow and then late lunch with son and dil. It's next weekend we all celebrate birthdays and college grad s!

5:39 AM  
Blogger deb said...

LOL you are a hoot!!!! that floor looks spotless!!! no big plans here...hoping the weather is good to hang out and hubbys gonna cook:) hope to sew:)

6:47 AM  
Blogger Thimbleanna said...

Low key here too -- flowers and mothers. Has to be low key -- next weekend will be BUSY. (CHANGE YOUR MIND!!!!) Happy Mother's Day!!!

8:24 AM  
Blogger Little Quiltsong said...

I feel your pain - toddler sewing! Mine was - toddler sitting - in front of my computer. My husband kept fixing (an old chair), but it loved its lowest setting best, my knees though, protested hugely. My husband persevered and I'm sitting straight and tall again - Whew, but I know your pain!
We are closer to seeing the color of our tulips - as yet all of mine are just s.l.o.w.l.y ready to open.

9:35 AM  
Blogger Helen Philipps said...

Your posts always makes me smile, Pam! Wishing you a Happy Mother's Day weekend!
Helen xox

5:39 AM  
Blogger Nanette Merrill said...

laughing my head off, toddler sewing, I am makingup lost time by speed reading, my bad

7:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older