Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Ha! I'm back.. on the blog anyway!

I just had to set this up to post after I left so no shark sitings happened in Minnesota before their time.  Over the weekend Fat Quarter Shop posted an instagram photo of a couple of cute sharks and I just about died when I saw them. 

shark4
 
I knew I had to make one for my cousin Mark.  He indulged in some Sharknado with me on my last trip there and I thought this pouch would be a funny gift.  Ok, I admit it, the zipper was quite a challenge for me, so it looks a little rough around the mouth, and his head is a little crooked, but still, hilarious right? 

shark1
 
Doesn't every man eating shark need a man inside of it?  This fellow started out as a key chain, he's a pop star, but I don't recognize him.  Anyway, he's fish food for now!
 
 
shark2
 
Of course as soon as I had no time left, I was wishing I'd made him into a walleye.  Oh well, next time.
 
You can make you own man eating shark with the tutorial from The Patchwork Posse!! It's super cute and super easy!
 
Ok, back to my vacation! xo

11 Comments:

Blogger Thimbleanna said...

That's hysterical PKM -- now I need a man-eating shark case too. Have a great time in MN -- it's the perfect time of year to visit!!!

6:37 AM  
Blogger greg @ grey dogwood studio said...

Ok this gets the prize for the most ridiculous thing I've seen today! Enjoy your vacation!

11:01 AM  
Blogger Sinta Renee said...

I love this... you crack me up!

11:06 AM  
Blogger jenni said...

Awesome!

3:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh I love it, I have to make one. Thanks for sharing. Enjoy your vacation!! xoxo -Laura

8:25 PM  
Blogger Farm Road Quilts said...

Oh my gosh, that's so funny!

8:16 AM  
Blogger straythreads said...

that is too cute and yes a walleye would be great!! more believable in Minnesota.

8:24 AM  
Blogger Bari Jo said...

Bahahahahaha. Love this!!!!!!!

7:51 PM  
Blogger Natalie, the Chickenblogger said...

Hilarious!

12:49 PM  
Blogger Nanette Merrill said...

My kids were telling me about this shark. It is so darling and funny. They couldn't believe that they had seen the shark before I had seen it. That is what you get when you don't look at friend's blogs I guess. guilty lately

8:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just by chance ran across your blog and love your shark! Will put a smile on every kids face! Love it!

9:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older