Monday, December 01, 2014

December


Good morning!  It's December, can you believe it?  I hardly can. but my phone says it's December first so it must be true.   Anyway, how was your Thanksgiving? I hope it went well. Ours was not without a couple of challenges, the biggest being the death of our cooktop. Thankfully the only uncooked item was gravy. Later, of course, I realized I could have gotten out my electric fry pan and finished that up, but I was caught off guard.  Only I eat gravy anyway, so no big deal.

coffee
 
Not the best time to be shopping for a cooktop with all the crowds.  Did you do any shopping this weekend?  Bret and I went out. He had this great idea to go to Best Buy.  I tried not to roll my eyes at his naiveté.. shopping at Best Buy on a Black Friday.  Poor fellow.  He said lets give it a try, so  I packed my book and off we went.  Imagine my surprise when he got a parking place in the first row outside of the store and was out in less than 15 minutes.  With his purchase I might add!  Well some people have all the luck.
 
It rained on and off all weekend and it looks like it will continue into this week.  Thank goodness.  What's up in your neck of the woods?

5 Comments:

Blogger mascanlon said...

Well I am sure you could have done without the craziness of needing a new cooktop! Happy December, it's all so much to do and so little time.

5:53 AM  
Blogger Robbienae said...

We had a beautiful Thanksgiving here in North Carolina and even had gravy!
Hope you soon find a cooktop replacement. I got 4 quilt tops quilted on my Bernina over the holiday so now I have a ton of hand binding to get done. I made the cutest red and white chevron quilt with my PKM fabrics. It is a gift for a baby girl!

6:45 AM  
Blogger Robyn of Coffee and Cotton said...

Wow! Bret must have some secret juju going there! Never in my life have i ventured into a store on Black Friday and here you went to Best Buy. You're both brave souls.
Happy December! Enjoy your new cooktop. Gravy is a necessity.

6:46 AM  
Blogger Melanie said...

Why is it an appliance goes bad just when you're ready to do some serious cooking?

5:39 PM  
Blogger Missy Shay said...

Oh no! At least you got everything else cooked first! My husband and I went black Friday shopping and it was pretty crazy.

7:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older