Thursday, December 11, 2014

Thursday

Hi there! We're anticipating "the storm of the decade" so we're all settled in here at Pam Kitty Central. Yikes.  Crossing my fingers that we maintain power but for sure I'm getting my electronics charged! 
 
I finished up my hexagon potholders yesterday afternoon.  I feel pretty pleased with them, even the binding turned out, sometimes I find those angles challenging!

Hex Potholder

I wouldn't have had such a nice result without the great tutorial from Freshly Pieced. Lee's method keeps your angles in check, something just chopping off the end of the logs doesn't do.

Hex Potholder
 
These two are getting popped in the mail.  Maybe after the storm though.  California is getting at on of precipitation, so I'm grateful for that, hope the winds don't  wreak havoc.  
 
Just in case I don't get back here, have a great weekend! xop

11 Comments:

Blogger Little Quiltsong said...

Just love your potholders and the color combination in them! Stay safe - we're getting a 'snow' storm, I can hear the winds getting louder and louder!

5:23 AM  
Blogger Helen Philipps said...

Beautiful, so neat and perfect! Hope you stay safe from the storm.
Helen xox

6:43 AM  
Blogger Robyn of Coffee and Cotton said...

Hunker down with some hand sewing and binge watch some of your favorite shows/movies. Glad you're getting rain it will make for a beautiful California spring!

7:30 AM  
Blogger Robyn of Coffee and Cotton said...

Oh and the potholders are lovely! I made the mistake of quilting mine... I should have left them plain.

7:31 AM  
Blogger Kathy said...

Good luck and be safe during the storm. Thanks for the connect to the potholder pattern I'm on it:) (yours are very cute - I'm thinking Christmas colors, too.)

4:53 PM  
Blogger Thimbleanna said...

Good Luck PKM -- I hope you have lots of handwork prepped! ;-D

8:08 PM  
Blogger magistra said...

I love your pot holders and the colors you made them in, also! Then I thought to myself, "you're talking to PKM, of course you love her colors!" Haha! Thank you for sharing the tutorial from me, too.
I am up north of you in the Seattle area and the sound of the wind in the trees was awe inspiring! We are very happily transplanted Texans. Anyway, it was exciting until I thought of one of those huge old trees coming down! But everything ended up fine around here. I hope you had the same good fortune! Magistra13 at yahoo dot com
Beth

4:06 AM  
Blogger magistra said...

I meant, I also thank you, not that the tutorial was from me... I wish! Thanks! Beth

4:07 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

nice article guy....good work for you and your aticle very usefull for me
Obat Kuat Pria
Obat Pembesar Penis
Obat Kuat Sex
Obat Pembesar Alat Vital
http://obatkuatalamipasutri.com/

2:34 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Very beautiful work

8:36 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Pot holders are so nice. Love the colors. Take care and stay safe.

3:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older