Monday, March 09, 2015

Little Bit of Happy

Wow, sometimes I'm just embarrassed at the amount of good weather we have. Honestly it was so warm last night we had the windows thrown open wide till after dark.  By morning it's cold again, but well into the night it remains pleasant.  The air smells so sweet with all the jasmine we have out front, and my neighbor's Japanese Pittosporum has just begun to bloom and it's scent is a lot like orange blossoms. When I was a little kid, we had them planted in front of the bedroom windows and when I'd kneel on my bed and look out the window at the kids playing in the street without us while we had to go to bed before dark, I would breath in their heady scent.  Darn you daylight savings and strict bedtime parents.  And hey, everyone says this happened to them so just who were those kids out front? And why didn't their parents love them enough to torture them with early bedtimes?  Ahh nostalgia.

tiny things
 
But I digress. As  usual.  It's been sunny. I should have just said that. Recently Bret and I were out for some kind of drive, and happened to go through the Danville  Livery, which is a wonderful little shopping center in Danville.  It is pretty swanky, way back when we used to go there to all kinds of little events, there were a lot of cute little shops to wander through, plus the Stride Rite store, so it was totally legit that we went there a lot when Frankie was little. There was a great shop there, big, that had furniture and lovely gifts, and it was our favorite place. At Easter we'd go their for their  spring open house and they'd serve champagne in little cut crystal style plastic Dixie cups and we could wander around enjoying all the vignettes. Doris, my mother-in-law, and I LOVED IT. 

tiny things
 
ANYWAY, I used to love making little pots of plants or 'Easter grass' which they sold at these gatherings.  I'd add in some little chenille chicks and mini pastel eggs and use the little pots of grass for place settings  at , duh, Easter.  It was so much fun. This story is so painfully long, sorry.

tiny things
 
So after our drive down memory lane, I found an empty pot and a few pieces of this creeping fig I'd rooted from clippings and went to town.  And it was so much fun.  I grabbed up some sticks from the yard, some little doo dads I had laying around and before you know I had a nice little garden in a fancy pot. 

tiny things
 
It was probably the funnest 7 minutes of the week!
 
Ok that's probably an exaggeration but still it was super fun and I really enjoyed getting back to doing it.  Now I move it around to catch some sun in different windows.  Of course when I took the picture it was so sunny it hurt my eyes. Man sometimes life is tough.
 
Just kidding, life is great and it beats the alternative.
 
Ok that's it for today. Did you do anything fun over the weekend?

6 Comments:

Blogger Little Quiltsong said...

Our fun on the weekend, was taking all our Christmas ornaments down :)! Yes, well, some enjoy Christmas in July, so as long as the winter winds blew, I loved that our Christmas tree blocked the one window - now all looks bare, but the sun is getting warmer!! Love your little Easter pot!

5:01 AM  
Blogger Suzanne said...

I loved this post Pam! A little fluffing and puffing is so good for the soul. Your pot is adorable!

5:51 AM  
Blogger marilyn said...

I love your Monday morning posts.I do not like daylight saving time!! We are having wonderful weather here in the PNW. I feel bad for all the east coast people! I spent the week end taking care of sick husband. He gets his flu shot and then gets the flu!!! But I did get some sewing done while he slept!!

6:50 AM  
Blogger Thimbleanna said...

Awww, that pot is just adorable PKM! And now I'm wishing I had planted some pots of grass for Easter, but with the kids no longer here, it sort of takes the fun out of it!

As for the weekend -- I arranged my Saturday so that others could take care of my obligations and I holed up in the house with hubby and we binge-watched World Without End while I did some applique -- it was heaven!

7:28 AM  
Blogger Miss Jean said...

Is that the shopping center that had the outdoor escalator? I remember a wonderful frozen yogurt shop upstairs which was a first back then. Good memories.

10:10 AM  
Blogger Missy Shay said...

That sounds like a lot of fun! I went to Branson and did a little shopping there!

2:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older