Friday, December 04, 2015

TGIF

Hello Friday!  Another week gone leaving a whoosh sound in it's wake.  I managed to get a lot of sewing done, for me anyway.  Gone are the marathon sewing days of the past. My days are no longer ruled by the schedule of a school aged child.  Sometimes I miss the routine, I'm much more organized  when I have a regular timetable.  But then when I'm sewing in my pj's in the morning I think, hmm. This is good too.

Butterfies

It looks like butterfly migration season, right?  My friend Roseann sent me this Sizzix  butterfly die months ago.  Even before I had my Sizzix die cutter. I think we originally saw the shape at CHA one year and I was in love with the scalloped wings. I designed a small butterfly quilt  but it's been languishing in photoshop while I waited to get around to making it. 


Butterfies
 
I'm  a little closer today.. butterflies are cut.  It takes no time at all, and I used the Quilter's Select Appli-Web Plus that Alex sent me.  Wanna see something crazy, you can see Alex and I chatting about it over on the Quilter's Select Website

Butterfies
 
Anyway I fused the Appli-Web Plus to my butterfly fabrics, then ran them thru the die cutter, and it worked perfectly.  I can tell already how light and soft the fusible web is, can't wait to fuse and blanket stitch.  The quilt also has some hand drawn shapes, so there's more fusing to go before then, but it's a start right?
 
Well time to get busy!  Hope you all have a wonderful weekend. We're well into the holiday season!  Are you bustling with plans?  Tell all.  xo
 
 

3 Comments:

Anonymous Elaine K said...

"Achoo!" I need to find a spray bottle that does that! 😊❤️ Would love to hear about how the fusible works out.

Love the butterflies! 💕

12:39 PM  
Blogger mascanlon said...

I really love the Quilters Select. Hmm...I have a different die cutter wonder if they have something along these lines. Butterflies are adorable. I am off to sew little gifts...why didn't I do it in August?

12:59 PM  
Blogger Sharrieboberry said...

Your butterflies are really cute and this Appli-Web sounds intriguing!

3:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older