Monday, February 15, 2016

Monday

Morning! So do you have a day off?   Bret is home and he's helping me get the last of the preparations done for  tomorrows Kitchen Kickoff.    It seems weird that by the end of the day the very last of that avocado green should be gone from this house.  When Bret first bought it there were green heavy drapes, green sculptured carpeting, green appliances, green cabinets, green countertops, green everywhere.. it was nuts.  Bit by bit we eradicated it and after all these years, it will be gone. In today's demo-it-days it seems crazy that we still had any green at all, based on the ease of remodel on TV and people's dissatisfaction over anything dated.  
 
Yesterday was the Splendid Sampler kick off and by 9 am when I first looked the Facebook group was filled with completed blocks.  So many clever fussy cut hearts!  Very cute.  The block is simple and sweet.  I like fusible applique, so mine is machine blanket stitched.  Don't you love the patchy background? 

Splendid Sampler
 


Splendid Sampler
 
This little candy message cracked me up.  Pat often  includes a 'wink' in her writings, and when I saw it I totally laughed out loud, it's Pat's block and there's her 'wink'. 
 
Looking forward to Thursday and the next block, by Jane.  I haven't made it yet, but I know it's pretty!  Hope you're stitching along with us!  xo

8 Comments:

Blogger mascanlon said...

Well the avocado green never was in this house but we still have the pink tile which Richard insists is In our huge master. Seeing as there is acres and acres of it including a the whole corner tub surround as well shower and 10 ft of double sink space it will be forever before it gets gone. In truth if I thought I'd be stuck with it this long I might have kept looking at houses! I did pull down the tropical wallpaper the first year. Cute block, I am slowing being pulled in....

6:34 AM  
Blogger Little Quiltsong said...

Beautiful block. I need to sew one too! I'm glad your house is getting to where you want it with new color - I know the feeling :)!

7:26 AM  
Blogger Helen Philipps said...

Gorgeous block....those PKM patterns and colours always look so lovely...and I love the little candy message!
Helen xox

9:26 AM  
Blogger greg @ grey dogwood studio said...

Cute block, Pam! Wink wink! And good riddance to the avocado, right?! It's time for you to have a fresh new look!

10:01 AM  
Blogger Sew Hungryhippie said...

Somebody was obsessed with avacado green I guess! LOL That would make a person psycho I should think.... Lovely block- I just love hearts. Maybe I'm a bit obsessed with them. Oh dear. lol
Happy Monday
I'm sneaking in a comment from work. A person has to take a break now and then you know, to stay sane.
:)

10:12 AM  
Blogger Carla said...

Oh boy I remember avocado green. My mom got rid of it as fast as she could. My step father was color blind so he thought it was blind. Yikes. Our first house had the harvest gold and butcher block counters which I understand might be coming back. I hope not.

12:14 PM  
Blogger Robbienae said...

Girl, I feel your pain about all the avocado green. I once purchased a house and all the rooms were painted celery green with avocado green carpet. I immediately painted all the rooms soft white and tore up all that UGLY carpet. There were beautiful hardwood floors underneath the carpet!!

Your heart block is precious and I love the candy!

12:22 PM  
Blogger Sharrieboberry said...

Yes, they make home renovation look so easy. It's rather pricey and not always as smooth as it may appear on home improvement shows. :P

4:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older