Thursday, June 29, 2017

Aurifil DOM Reboot

Hi there friends and newcomers!  Welcome to June's Aurifil Designer of the Month reboot for June!  It's hard to believe that it was 5 years ago that we started the DOM project and I was excited to be a part of the fun.   Everyone's block was so clever, and mine felt a little less than that when I saw them all together.  Someone in the flickr group left a gentle criticism that it was not their favorite block.  So when it came time for the reboot I thought about what I could do to make it better without changing it. I looked at a lot of vintage stitch designs and I decided that since my favorite stitch was the lazy daisy, I would change all the stitches for the flowers to lazy daisies with French knot centers. 

Aurifil reboot June
 
I am still not a great embroiderer but it was a lot more fun.  I chose some fresh new colors that were more 'me' and I think the block is a lot cuter than it was before. 

aurifil DOM reboot June
 
Five years ago Pam Kitty Love debuted at Quilt Market, so I pulled out some of the PKL blacks and whites to use for sashing.  Very fun for me! You can read the original Auribuzz post about my block here!  I love seeing a picture of my cleaned up sewing room. You can read my post about it here.  Hop over to the current Auribuzz reboot post here!  I loved using the Aurifloss, and since finally someone showed me the secret to separating the threads my life is now complete! 
 
The colors I used are:
2888
2250
2530
1135
1148
2024
5006
2425
 
Thanks for stopping by!  Now skedaddle over to Auribuzz and get your chart and see all the posts about the DOM reboot!

2 Comments:

Blogger Pam @ Quilting Fun said...

How mean. Love your block, the daisies are so cute.

8:17 AM  
Blogger Little Quiltsong said...

Oh Pam - your original block shines, just like your new one. Especially love the white daisies in between. Loved reading all the linked posts - original and current. Makes me wish I had 'known' all of you even sooner :)!

4:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older