Friday, August 04, 2017

A Friday Finish!

Morning friends!   I have finally finished my Flower Power  blocks and have sewn them together.  The solution was easy once I got over my own over thinking, I just threw on the borders required to turn these blocks into a square and called it a day. 


Flower Power
 
I don't know why I want to make things more complicated.  I still like the way it turned out, and although it's not quite the same proportions, which were so perfect, close enough.   Now comes the debate.. do I have the attention span to do that narrow almost match stick quilting as in the original design.  OR, does it end up in the pile of unquilted objects? Only time will tell! Sometimes I make something just for the heck of it.  I love piecing.  
 
Today I'm paging through my Spelling Bee Book, I have an idea for a project using those cute letters.  Stay tuned!
 
Happy Weekend! xo

4 Comments:

Blogger Caro said...

Very cute! The flowers look scalloped.

5:40 AM  
Blogger Little Quiltsong said...

Your tulip block is so pretty, Pam! I too love piecing best - and when I start a new project I'm like a kid in a candy shop, and when it comes to the quilting and binding - I'm like a kid that needs a tooth pulled at the dentist, but eventually it all gets done :)!

5:13 AM  
Blogger Helen Philipps said...

Beautiful! You did a great job!
Xox

9:22 AM  
Blogger Kate said...

Love your block. Thanks for showing your earlier upside down leaves. It made me chuckle to see that I'm not the only one who does things like that, although I probably would have it all send together first and someone else would have pointed out my mistake. Love to read your blog, Kate.

7:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older